Why exercise and eat more calories? Why not just only eat 12

Options
2»

Replies

• jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    Even when I was "fit" and a cross country skier in the Jr Olympics....I was 'thick with muscle'. I also raced competitively on Mountain bike, and was a burly girl. = ( I just wish there was a good way to loose the weight without looking thicker! I already run about 45-60 mins/4-5 times a week. I have shins that buldge out in the front, and don't feel like a girl at all. Now that I am exercising even more....I'm not losing much weight, but just my clothes sizes ARE changing. I was just hoping for a way to look leaner......even though I haven't ever been that way before.

I have looking into getting the Bodybugg...thinking that maybe it would help me better understand how well/poor I burn calories. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I recommend getting the Bodybugg. I have one and it's made me so much more aware of what I do. If you do get one I suggest getting the digital display. I like having that instant view of what I'm doing. You'll be amazed at how much calories you burn or don't burn with different activities. There are some things that I thought I'd burn a lot of calories (cleaning my floors for one thing) and I don't burn much higher than normal.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Because when the zombies come, it's all gonna be about the cardio. The ones who can't run will be eaten first ;)

This.

*points at ticker*
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Because when the zombies come, it's all gonna be about the cardio. The ones who can't run will be eaten first ;)

I think this is one of my favorite answers I have ever seen :laugh:
  • masterbean
    masterbean Posts: 6
    Options
    when I lost a bunch of weight to get down, I did it through diet only. I didn't work out or anything. I was happy with the fact that I lost the weight, but I wasn't happy with the way I looked. After a couple of years of not paying attention I realized I had gained back much more of the weight than I said I would ever let myself. It was because scale wise I made my goal, but aesthetically, I was still lacking. Now I'm marching my way back down the scale through exercise and diet.
    although for the last week two weeks I haven't lost any pounds, my muscles are more defined and larger, so I'm still very happy with my results.
    So...that's my answer as to why it's better to exercise and diet rather than just diet.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options

I think this is one of my favorite answers I have ever seen :laugh:

lol love it!!
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It depends on how slim you are to begin with. If you haven't got much weight to lose you wont get that 'skinny fat' look.

And to be honest, I'd rather have a bit of wobbly bits than be toned like a man :sick:
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options

LMAO....You got that from Zombieland didn't you!! Funny movie!!!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I did, awesome movie! Had to paraphrase to get it a little more PC, but the basic idea remains the same!