have to lose weigh for military but work at fast food restauraunt

Options
rollypolly711
rollypolly711 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I work at a fast food resturaunt but when I graduate I want to go into the army my recruiter says I need to lose ten pounds and I just ordered a fitbit but want extra ideas to help please

Replies

• rollypolly711
    rollypolly711 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry for grammatical errors
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I would suggest packing your lunch or dinner (when ever your shift is). You don't really have to eat there if you don't want to although I know it can be very easy since you are already there.

Good luck with both!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    You could just eat less or choose lighter options (salads, grilled chicken sandwich, etc.). Packing food is a lot cheaper and better if you can do it.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The only one who makes the decision to eat the food is you. If you're serious about losing the weight, you need to make a real commitment to cutting back on your calorie intake and saying no to what's easily available.
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When I worked at a fast food place, I finally just had to swear off of eating ANYTHING from there. Work there long enough and you'd get sick of it anyway. Free dollar cost does not mean free from bad results. Let your choice of a great future be BIGGER and STRONGER than any quick-fix of "happy" eating now.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't see how your job determines your weight management. Eat within your caloric needs as estimated by calculators and/or real world tracking.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Run to work every day.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Take a good long look at the kitchen, the grease traps, the dank back corners. Watch your coworkers handwashing practices. I'd be surprised if your appetite survived.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Is there another co-worker whose also interested in losing weight and not eating the fast food there? You guys can team up in encouraging to bring in food from home. If you pre-log your food before you go to work you can plan out your calories for the day and know what you can "afford" to eat at the restaurant that day.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You can also watch some of the viral videos that I hear about that show you how "terrible" fast food practices/ items are and try to scare yourself out of eating so much of it!