Herbalife newbie

Options
Hey fitness pal community this feels really strange but I feel like I need a community to help keep me motivated. Over the last two years slowly but surely I've lost 50 pounds which I know isn't that much but it's been great for me. I just started Herbalife and was wondering if anyone had used it before, had any suggestions for shake recipes so far I am only doing the mix and water and especially could anyone give me snack suggestions I am getting tired of just string cheese and yogurt. I am based in New York so I have lots of shopping and food options any help would be great thanks!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat what you like but not too much?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    If you lost 50 lb on your own, why do you think you need herbalife?? Congrats on your loss, but seriously that stuff is junk. Why not just enjoy the foods you love in moderation, within your calorie goals?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You won't find much support for MLM marketing schemes such as Herbal Life on this forum.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat what you like but not too much?
    You've got to be kidding me! Why would something so easy work?!

Pfffft.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You won't find much support for MLM marketing schemes such as Herbal Life on this forum.

Agreed.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Exactly!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Am I reading that right? You lost weight on string cheese and yogurt?

I can't imagine why you would want to mess with Herbal Life. There are a lot of better tasting foods. Shop the fresh produce and the fresh meat sections. There's lots of good stuff to choose from.
  • pepperdove
    pepperdove Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is a lot, silly. Pfft, "not that much".
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Search on google "herbalife lawsuit" yep...last year. Spend the money you want or save the money and buy whole foods. On Facebook the fitness pros call it Derpalife for a reason.
  • samanthaaire
    Options
    There was a lawsuit because it is a pyramid sales company - the actual product has not been discredited.

Usually I get really fatigued and tired during the day, to the point I'm falling asleep and having to take a nap have sleepless nights and find it impossible to get myself up out of bed in the morning, but when I'm on herbalife - the energy I have is unreal, I don't nap during the day, the sleep I get at night is great and my eyes ping open at sunrise... I LOVE it..!!

The nutritional value of the shakes are better than what you could get from having a healthy breakfast ie. Porridge or eggs.... And another thing is it's convenient, there's no debating what to have, or how long it will take to make something... Plus I live in Scotland, UK - it's not like the US, health/whole food stores are few and far between. I actually don't know of any, and the ones that claim to be are full of crap..!!

However I don't use water in mine, I use unsweetened almond milk, and the snack protein bars are far too chewey... So for my protein snack between shakes and meals I either have half a can of tuna (in spring water) and some chopped bell peppers and cucumber mixed in, or 2 boiled eggs (easier and quicker to eat)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a Ponzi scheme. It's also a company famous for taking advantage of less-educated Latinos.

It's not the kind of thing I would ever be associated with, and you certainly don't need a product like that to lose weight. Eat actual food.
  • Nanysc1985
    Options
    taking advantage of "less- educated" latinos? ??