Need new grab-n-go snack ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Craisins - dried cranberries about 130 cals for 40g. It's like eating sweeties/candy as they are so sweet and chewy and take a while to eat. Also Nakd organic bars made from natural products. They have a slightly strange taste and texture but are filling.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks, everyone! Keep 'em coming. This definitely helps. I'm not a cottage cheese fan, but the rest is great. Looks like I need to hit up Aldi and Walmart this weekend.

@FunkBunny - :laugh: I agree, wasabi peas suck.
  • lkyeomans
    lkyeomans Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    one of my favs is Chocolate chex...they are gluten free, give you that chocolate fix, but not too chocolatey, they have the crunch factor too. I keep a box in my work bag and a snack sized ziplock bag which is a serving size 130 cal
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    Currently one of my snacks is venison jerky get at the farmers market. Of curse I have no idea the calories or sodium, so my dairy selection may or may not be accurate. I imagine not all jerky is created equal :happy:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello cups (Hunts because Jello brand is too expensive) or make your own
    Non-fat pudding cups (Hunts again)
    Unsweetened breakfast cereal pre-measured into single serving baggies and eaten dry (Cheerios, Kix, Chex, etc.)
    Low-Fat / Low sugar granola bars
    Lightly salted Pumpkin seeds in the shell (Trader Joe's)
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    baby carrots, snap peas, cauliflower with non fat rach dip. Pop Chips (sooo fabulous and only 120 per serving) Barbara's Puffins Cinnamon Cereal w/out milk to snack on, only 90 calories and lots of fiber! Pirates Bootie. Erins all natural low saturated fat popcorn. pringles 90 calorie pack baked wheat sticks.... yummy apples, oranges, berries. caramel coconut fudge fiber plus bars, Dreyers Fruit Bars..... just to name a few :happy:

(can you tell i love to snack lolol)

5534871.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Apples
    Bananas
    fiber one bars
    strawberries
    special k crackers (SO good)
    dry cereal

Also, look where they have all the baby food. Sometimes you can find things like squeezable applesauce and things like that, that are yummy and quick.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    A few ideas that require only minimal (or no) prep work at home, and can be brought into work to make it thru several days or for grab-n-go errand-filled days:

apple, banana, other piece of fresh fruit

Emerald Breakfast-on-the-go packages. (nuts, granola, dried fruits, etc)

Clif Mojo bars. Perfectly salty/sweet and won't kill your sodium numbers, surprisingly!

Plain greek yogurt with a tsp of raw honey (and possibly some fruit and/or granola)

cut some veggies (broccoli, zucchini, cucumber, celery, sweet pepper, etc) into "spears" and have a few new veggies with your baby carrot/hummus fix ;)

cut up some fruit and make individual-size "fruit salads to go" with kiwi, strawberry, cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries, watermelon, pineapple, apple slices, banana slices, mandarin oranges, etc. ---- I slice up various fruits at dinner time and let people pick which ones they want to eat and the extras get dumped into a fruit salad, added things, as needed, to round it out

Kashi TLC peanut butter granola bars. 140 calories and decent protein, IMO.

a few wheat crackers with a wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese.

dried "bulk bin type" fruits (dates, banana chips, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, etc)

my new love: "Cuties" clementines/mandarin oranges

1/2 a Flatout wrap (multigrain or light) with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter, a small drizzle of honey and 1/2 a banana, sliced. Wrap & roll (store the other 1/2 of the banana in a ziplock bag in the freezer for smoothies

(Target) Archer Farms organic dried fruit strips (like 45 calories!)

Better Oats strawberry oatmeal with a tbsp of natural peanut butter stirred in (after cooking)

Edy's whole fruit frozen fruit pops

popcorn

"No-Pudge" individual-sized brownie made with vanilla greek yogurt (read instructions on side of box.. takes about 1 minute to mix and 1 minute in the microwave --- a great treat for the days the office has sweets and you dont want to get derailed! Just over 100 calories and warm and fudgy... yum!).

COFFEE!!!! LOL!!!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Currently one of my snacks is venison jerky get at the farmers market. Of curse I have no idea the calories or sodium, so my dairy selection may or may not be accurate. I imagine not all jerky is created equal :happy:

About 70-80 cals an ounce (28 g). I'm a jerky junkie too. However, unless it's low sodium, it's loaded there. I keep jerky in my desk too!