Greetings - New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi all,

Quite new to My Fitness Pal. I've seen work colleagues use the app to log meals, and work out diet plans so I thought i would give it a try.

I'm seriously obese and have been trying to kid myself for years that i don't need to do anything about it. I was quite happy to eat fast food multiple times a week, and i had no sense of portion control and consideration of food types.

Since January 1st, I have decided to make a change. January 1st, i went around the food cupboards in the house, and through the freezer. Any snacks were binned, processed food was removed too. I've also cut out the booze too, i wasn't a heavy drinker, but it can't help to stop drinking for a while.

I'm set a target of 1500 calories a day to start with, which is a massive drop on what i would normally consume.
I'm also doing the T25 exercise plan. I am only on Alpha at the moment, and i am just working on the Cardio section of the plan, but i think if i can stick out the Cardio for a month i should be in a position to start the T25 plan fully.

I weighed 105kg on January 1st, and just by cutting out the junk and snacks, eating a decent breakfast, a healthy lunch and a small dinner i have got my weight down to 100kg.

I'd like to chat/motivate/share stories with anyone else.

Take care all.

S

Replies

• erinthom1984
    erinthom1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step to a healthier life!!!!! I'm taking that step too and am also doing T25. I'm on week two day one! I modify most of the time but I am still seeing results!!!
  • Polywoggs
    Polywoggs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same here! I got my disks in mid-december but decided to slowly work my way into the exercises so I could get a better feel for them. I have several things working against me (weak wrists, golfers elbow, arthritic knees and a bad neck) so I'm taking it slow.

I (officially) started last monday (1/5/15) and am finally "nailing it"...most times. lol Total Body Conditioning & abs are the only time I use a modifier.

Good luck to us!!