Need Motivation to Stick with Food and Exercise Program

Options
I'm new to the "Community" part of Fitness Pal and I hope to get encouragement from your stories. In over 20 years I gained 260 pounds due to emotional eating. I finally quit my high pressure job and took a sabbatical to get healthy. With the help of my sister I lost 153 pounds in 9 months. I had both knees replaced so I could exercise again. Then my parents past away within one year and to cope with grief I ate - a lot. I gained back 75 pounds. I am taking this year to focus on losing weight and exercising. However my will power is in the dumps. Any advice? Thank you.

Replies

• hilz85
    hilz85 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Hollis53! I think you're very brave for putting yourself out here so candidly. That takes a lot of courage and I am proud you took that first step! Congratulations on your initial weight loss, even if you gained 75lbs back, you still had a great success and that is not to be discounted! Losing both parents must have been devastating. I lost my father and it was the most difficult pain I have ever experienced so I can't imagine losing both parents within a year. You're strong!

As far as will power, it's like a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it becomes! So we just need to get you exercising that will power, which you have demonstrated to yourself in the past that you have! Currently what are you doing for food and exercise? If you would like, I can message you my email address and we can talk more. :)
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Keep making the next "right" decision and your confidence and will power will grow each time. You can do this! :D
  • samgohr
    samgohr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! If you have time to eat, you have time to move! Just get yourself out and about so you're not sitting around eating. Go for a walk. Walk to dog. Ride a bike. Just move! And keep posting and we'll help you as much as we can. Try to get a workout buddy.
  • Hollis53
    Hollis53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!