Nourishing Traditions / Real Food group

I've been keeping an eye out for a while now for a Weston A Price based group, and finally gave up today and started one. Just thought I'd do a little announcement in case anyone else was looking :)

Nourishing Traditions / Real Foods / WAPF

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    There was one. But I don't remember what it's called. Hope your group does well.
  • mermeg11
    mermeg11 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello! You still on this thing? We semi follow WAPF. Trying to do better ;) definatly eat mostly local foods!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    lol
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I just read a little bit about this, that's all it took. I stopped reading when I i saw Mercola.
  • mermeg11
    Never heard of Mercola.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Nope
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Ricola.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    mermeg11 wrote: »
    Never heard of Mercola.

Well, he is on the board of directors of the price foundation. You should look him up.
  • mermeg11
    mermeg11 wrote: »
    Never heard of Mercola.

Well, he is on the board of directors of the price foundation. You should look him up.

They endorse some weirdos for sure! I don't buy a lot of what they pitch (they're against vaccines-I think that's nuts), but the diet itself is basically organic veggies, local pasture raised animal products, and properly prepared grains. Usually fermented (sourdough for example.) I don't do well on most grains, but if they've been fermented I can tolerate them better. If you go back to the very roots of the diet and read the book that Weston A. Price wrote about his studies around the world- it's pretty interesting!
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2016
    Interesting, this was posted to bring people together...hopefully we can still do that. I'd love to have some Traditional Foodie friends if anyone would like to add me :)

I'm super happy with how my health has changed for the better now that I'm a little over a year into my real food journey. I feel great, I'm enjoying my work in the kitchen and have been blogging recipes, I'm happy with the choices it's helped me make to support local organic "grass farms" that pasture their animals and vegetable CSA's, it's gotten me started working Saturday's at my veggie CSA as a workershare, and my blood tests showed improvement.

As an update to the original post, I deleted my group after I found this existing one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/819-weston-a-price-nutrition