Marinades

Options
How do you calculate marinate calories when using it on food? Say a recipe for a marinade said that the marinade itself was 300 calories but you used about half it over 3 very large thick chicken breasts. Obviously most of it cooks off and not all of it soaks into the chicken. Am I putting to much thought into this? Or do you count marinade calories?

Replies

• viccigb
    viccigb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    LOl! I just posted something similar about and then read this. Hmmmmmm.
  • CADAVER0USB0N3S
    CADAVER0USB0N3S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You could use the recipe calculator. Thats what I do whenever I make something homemade. Better safe than sorry right!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Too much thought. Divide it by three, tack on an extra 50 for each breast for wiggle room, and call it a day.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate marinate calories when using it on food? Say a recipe for a marinade said that the marinade itself was 300 calories but you used about half it over 3 very large thick chicken breasts. Obviously most of it cooks off and not all of it soaks into the chicken. Am I putting to much thought into this? Or do you count marinade calories?

The only parts that would 'cook off' is water through evaporation. However, if you are discarding marinade after marinating, or leaving most of the sauce, then you could reduce the calories from the sauce.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Punch your recipe into the recipe builder to get the calorie content for it, weigh the marinade, and then weigh what is leftover in the bag after. Subtract that from your recipe weight, and boom.