Hello their.

Options
I had a bad day diet wise. But it's just one day. I will learn from today and try to eat healthier from now on. How do you keep yourself from over eating.?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I have protein and fat at every meal to me keep satiated through out the day. I try and save a few calories for the end of the day for a sweet treat. I have lost over 20 pounds doing it this way.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Smaller plates, smaller portions. Don't serve food at the table, serve from the stove - so you have to get up if you want seconds. I have to make sure to snack often enough that I don't get ravenous. If I start "starving," I end up making bad choices.
  • AmberAntoine
    Options
    I am very much conscious about my eating habits. It is ok if you had eaten more only one day, but yes, you should learn morn from this and try to balance your diet.
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I drink a TON of water.
  • berenicevillafan
    berenicevillafan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I am going to drink more water. Also, the smaller plate and have to walk to get seconds sounds like a good trick that would help me make better choices.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I look at the calories I have left for the day and if I don't have any left then I don't eat. Kinda like looking at a bank balance and realizing you don't have enough money for something. On a day like today, in when I know I won't have time to exercise this evening, I limited myself to a banana for breakfast, so I would carry more calories into the later part of the day.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It helps me to pre-log and prepare for my day. Then all I have to do is stick to the plan. One of the biggest things for me is to just get back on the horse after a bad day. Good luck!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Please learn your homonyms.

Other than that, I eat fatty foods and it subsides hunger. Sugars take very little time to digest because of their solubility in the stomach. Fats arent that soluble, nor are meats. Thats why they take your hunger away for longer: the stomach takes longer to get them digested.

Nuts are good, and so are avocados. Thats my take on it.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I make sure I'm eating enough and not under-eating for my body's calorie needs. I don't feel a need to overeat ever because I get plenty of fuel.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I am going to drink more water. Also, the smaller plate and have to walk to get seconds sounds like a good trick that would help me make better choices.

Also, in my opinion, those are plans to fail, because they take twice as much effort as just making better food choices. How many times are you going to make yourself walk for seconds before it gets old?

You should never have to work out for extra food. If you listen to your body, and learn what different foods do for your body, then you will be well informed and wont have to set up these barricades that, for the most part, don't work due to human nature.