Kayla Itsines Bikini Body

Options
Hey everyone,

Just wondered if anyone else was trying the Kayla Itsines 12 week strength programme?

I started today and dreading how my muscles will feel tomorrow (although the work out was fab!)

Anyone else want to join me? More info and pics on her Instagram account Kayla Itsines

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Lots of posts on that the past week, all by posters with very few posts. I'm flagging them as spam. :+1:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's been all over my Facebook... I didn't know it was a strength programme... I switched off after the 'look this good in 12 weeks' bollocks!
  • tahni
    tahni Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'll be joining her challenge starting on Monday! If you haven't heard about it check out her insta. Basically her and a ton of people will be starting from day 1 together :)
  • tahni
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Lots of posts on that the past week, all by posters with very few posts. I'm flagging them as spam. :+1:

It's real! See my above comment. She's starting a challenge and has a very popular instagram (almost 2 million followers) so that's probably why so many people are posting about it!
  • tahni
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Please stop flagging me! I'm a normal human who paid (quite a bit) for a workout program geesh!
    So many people ask questions about other programs such as Jillian Micheals and P90x please explain to me what I did wrong?

I looked up the Community Guidelines and I'm not advertising for personal monetary gain, or attaching a link to anything.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tahni wrote: »
    Hey! I'll be joining her challenge starting on Monday! If you haven't heard about it check out her insta. Basically her and a ton of people will be starting from day 1 together :)

I don't believe you can get 'fit' in less than 12 weeks... It's not something you do for a few weeks then stop, which is what the ads for her programme suggests.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    as the saying goes ......a fool and his money
  • flabtograd
    flabtograd Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tahni wrote: »

I don't believe you can get 'fit' in less than 12 weeks... It's not something you do for a few weeks then stop, which is what the ads for her programme suggests.

How is Kayla's 12 week guide (of which she has a 2.0 version to continue with as she knows that fitness shouldn't just stop at 12 weeks) any different to Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred? Or P90x for 90 days? Or Insanity for 60 days? All of these programs have an end, so why is Kayla's any different? Look up the results photos for yourself, you can't deny the results people have had from using these guides (BBG 1.0 and 2.0). Kayla is all about promoting fitness and strength, she recommends restarting the guides and increasing the weights used once you have finished your first round. She doesn't promise to have you fit for life in 12 weeks.

edit: and yes, I don't have any other posts but I've had this account for a long time now, I've just never felt comfortable enough to post on the boards before.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes! Each to their own but I'm certainly convinced by the seriously mindblowing transformations of her clients. Was going to post a new thread but found this one.

So true what you say about every program having an end...but Kayla promotes her guide as
    the beginning of a lifestyle change.

I did the first leg/cardio workout once and couldn't walk for a week after hahahaha hopefully I'll push through to the next workouts somehow :/

They are so expensive but I'm hoping to make my money worth it by eating right I guess.

Seriously guys check out her transformations http://www.kaylaitsines.com.au/transformations/?gclid=CP_A7-ig-sICFdgnvQodo3kAXg

Not paid to promote or anything blah blah blah
  • JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    be_patient wrote: »

I did the first leg/cardio workout once and couldn't walk for a week after hahahaha hopefully I'll push through to the next workouts somehow :/

I did the legs workout a few weeks ago and it left me crazy sore for a week. Then I did the arms workout and it did the same thing. Incredibly effective exercises. I am starting it for real tomorrow. I think I won't push myself so hard starting out this time so I won't be as sore. Better to start of easy and continue with it then push myself too hard and be too sore to workout again I think.

Although I know the workouts are effective I know that I've got to buckle down and clean up my eating. That is what I dread the most!

Good luck girls! I'm glad there are others starting at the same time as I am!
  • tahni
    Options
    I've done the first resistance workout just to try it and it really was tough!
    Not sure why so many people are hating on her. Almost everything is body weight, which I love since I also do yoga.

I also never post on the discussions because I've used the phone app for years and never used the website til recently.

I made a group for everyone so we can avoid the Negative Nancys (although they're probably going to flag me for this lol) http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101504-kayla-itsines-2015-bbg-team-movement

Best of luck everyone! (even all you people that think we're stupid)
  • summerbabe65
    summerbabe65 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it and am currently on week 7. What I've found (though I'm not sure if this has happened for everyone) it has a pretty low calorie burn. About 200 calories max. Maybe this is because I've done Insanity before?
  • sarakorry
    Options
    I'm only on week one but I wear a HRM when I do it which has all my vitals in and I burn around 470 for the 28 minute session. I know HRM shouldn't be relied on completely but my HR goes up to about 187 when I do it so know I'm pushing myself to my limits.

You're probably just super fit compared to me! Ha! Could you handle jumping jacks/running inbetween each circuit to speed up the cals burnt?