Just started. Need support

Options
I just started seriously doing this today. I went to the gym and everything. But now my muscles are sore and am wary about going again tomorrow. Also, I tried to eat light today but I felt hungry throughout the day. Any tips, advice, support, friendship is welcome and appreciated!

Replies

• gtrider17
    Options
    The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow. It's normal to feel so sore at the start, because your using muscles you may not have used as much before. As for eating, it's hard at the start but when you find a healthy eating plan with the right calorie intake daily then you'll loose weight n reach goals fine. Feel free to add me for more support. I'm over a year into my journey and lost over 20kg and gained muscle mass. Still a long way to go but I've never been so motivated in my life to Suceed.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hfittinger wrote: »
    I just started seriously doing this today. I went to the gym and everything. But now my muscles are sore and am wary about going again tomorrow. Also, I tried to eat light today but I felt hungry throughout the day. Any tips, advice, support, friendship is welcome and appreciated!

Eating light means nothing - weigh your food and count your calories and meet your calorie defecit target

Exercising through sore muscles, if not too sore can help. As can more protein. But you don't have to gym workout every day .. go for a nice, long walk instead - warning I always feel worst 48 hours after a change-up in workout .. take something like ibuprofen if it gets to bad

If you go all at it you might crash and burn ... take it easy and be in it for the longhaul

Good luck
  • mbarber40
    Options
    I am with you a 100%. The hunger passes I promise. Takes a few weeks for your stomach to shrink. Just fight through it and stick to your calorie goals each and every day.