Ladies I need help!

Options
I currently want to eat all the chocolate in the world... more specifically, my uterus wants me to eat all the chocolate in the world. How do you deal with cravings when its that time of the month? I am doing too well to fall now!

Replies

• webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That is the WORST.

Do you have any hobbies that will keep your hands busy? Back when I first decided to start avoiding snacking, I learned to knit and crochet. It's both relaxing and addictive, and once you get into the zone with a project you really don't want to interrupt yourself. Eating in the middle of a knit/crochet sesh means you have to interrupt what you're doing, set it down, go get/eat the food, then wash your hands so that smell or stain doesn't transfer onto the wool, try and remember what part of the pattern you were on, untangle what will have inevitably become tangled despite not having moved an inch from where you left it... it's just a pain in the backside to stop to eat.

Do you play an instrument, or maybe draw/paint or do craft? Hobbies that occupy your hands may keep you from reaching for the chocolate.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I plan a little chocolate in my day that time of the month.
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ok so I need a hobby by next month lol. Unfortunately I am sitting at my computer not working on the syllabi that I should be and I am the least crafty/artistic person ever... :(
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    One wonders what women did when chocolate was so expensive that only the wealthy could have it...

• JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    High magnesium foods, also its a good idea to buy a portion of chocolate that fits into your goals so you don't end up demolishing a whole family sized block before you can say "binging frenzy".
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'll indulge myself with some dark chocolate. I prefer milk chocolate, but dark will satisfy the cravings, is easier to fit in my goals, and has more health benefits. I'll opt for the chocolate protein powder or work in protein bars with chocolate like a Quest chocolate brownie......and not gonna lie...sometimes none of that works and I just say F it and dive into a box of chocolates, but I'm usually pretty good about working around the cravings
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    A couple of things that help me:

Chocolite protein bars: They're about 100 calories, and have about 10g protein/10g fiber. I've seen them at Meijers, but I get them at www.healthsmartfoods.com (there are coupon codes at www.retailmenot.com) I like the triple chocolate fudge.

Dark chocolate: Sometimes I'll get a bag of the Dove Dark Chocolate "Promises". For some reason, it's easier for me to have only one (or two) pieces of it rather than the milk chocolate (which you might as well just call me "Hoover" when they're around).