I need the motivation

Options
I have been on MFP for a while but never took it seriously. I would love to lose 20 pounds, I was starting to feel really sluggish and self conscious about myself. About a week ago I started going to the gym and plan on going for about an hour 5 days a week. I am trying to eat as healthy as I can. I would love some motivation or tips from everyone on how to stay on track. Please add me if you like. #letsdothis

Replies

• sammcneil
    sammcneil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every single calorie counts. Always remember, the one cookie, chip, soda etc is extra you have to burn off in the gym. I always stop and think about what I eat. Even if it's just one.
  • ashleyfiedler2015
    Options
    Motivation was always my issue too, but I've found some ways to better motivate myself! It really helps to find someone to work with. That way you can both keep each other motivated when one of y'all wants to back out. I normally always tell someone my plans so when I feel like backing out I remember oh yeah I said I was going to do this, what would they think if they knew I backed out? I also follow a lot of people on instagram who work out so when I'm being lazy and scroll through news feed I see videos and pictures of people working out, so I'm like wow you're just sitting around doing nothing when you could be working out. Those help me! And I'd really try to find a work out buddy, they are the best motivators!
  • lgomes85
    lgomes85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys