adowe wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    603reader wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    log them

then go back to weighing and logging your food to hit your calories

and explain to me what a donut hole is please :grinning:

timbits2.jpg
    I've had a 20 pack of Timmies, and that's no 20 pack of Timmies.

It is if you know the owner!

HAHAHA
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I ate everything I wanted over the festive season and didn't really count anything. Despite my terrifying lack of control, I gained 1 lb over the entire month. So have a think about why you felt this happened, think about ways to prevent it in future, but don't make yourself feel bad about it. Life isn't all about counting calories and chomping carrots :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    jchall2009 wrote: »
    Don't feel bad because you can allow yourself to have a cheat meal once a week as long as you log the calories and move on from there. You don't have to feel guilty just make sure the rest of the week you eat clean and log your calories. Next time I'd suggest eating them in moderation

You don't need to "eat clean" to lose weight, gain weight, or maintain weight.
    Donuts can be eaten daily in moderation as long as they are a part of a balanced diet and within your calorie & macro goals.
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    timbits!!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Based on this post and your profile, it sounds like you have some mental health stuff to work through with a professional.
  • mistere627
    mistere627 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A lot of focus on what you ate... and not the why behind it. Bingeing is typically emotional... a coping mechanism for stress, anger, guilt, etc. The other possibility is you look at food as a "reward" for having accomplished a goal.

I'd log it, seek professional help if you need it for whatever the emotional driver is, and find other non-food rewards for meeting goals if it was a reward to yourself. If it was just a cheat day, then it is what it is... but in this thread only you know the answer to that.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you, I know a thing or two about losing control and bingeing. (No, spell check, I REFUSE to spell that "binging"). It's okay to make mistakes, and while you should NOT beat yourself up and make yourself feel like poo, I do think it's good that you're regretful - perhaps that will make it easier in the future to avoid the binge or at least keep you off a binge for longer than you might normally. Who knows?

Log your calories just like any other day - and be 100% honest about them. We may be tempted not to always log honestly, but just because we choose not to log certain foods doesn't mean the foods aren't taking a toll on us.

If you want to "make up" for it, but not outright starve yourself, do a little math. Multiply your everyday goal by 7; subtract the number of calories you had today; now divide that number by 6. This number, provided it isn't dangerously low, is a goal you can stick to for the next six days. So say my goal is normally 1600, but after dinner at the steakhouse with Hubby, I had 2200 calories today and NO exercise. I will probably feel a little defeated. 1600 x 7 = 11,200; 11,200 - 2200 = 9000; 9000 / 6 = 1500; so 1500 = my reduced daily goal for the upcoming week. Even though in this scenario I went a full 600 calories over my goal today, I only need to do 100 less every day this week to feel like I've made up for it.

As anyone else can, will, and some have already said to you, make sure you aren't giving up all of your favorite foods. That's a sure way to binge in the near future. Personally, what helps me is planning all my day's meals in the morning (some people plan the night before). I plan my breakfast, lunch, dinner, and often healthy snacks. Sometimes I'll skip a meal in order to plan for a dinner out with my husband. Other times I may skip lunch or halve my breakfast in order to plan for a tasty milkshake after dinner - which means I get to satisfy my sweet tooth without feeling guilty or going over my goal.

This isn't an easy thing for us to do, not one bit. Let me tell you, as you grow, as you learn new tools and methods to keep you going, and even as you make MISTAKES, it gets easier. But it only gets easier if you use what you've learned, both from your mistakes and the mistakes of others.
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    603reader wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    log them

then go back to weighing and logging your food to hit your calories

and explain to me what a donut hole is please :grinning:

timbits2.jpg
    I've had a 20 pack of Timmies, and that's no 20 pack of Timmies.

they are called timbits..... timmies is like oh im going to timmies for a coffee. so ya. tim bits, because tim didnt give a *kitten* and wanted to sell his bits to the people
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you wont stay at your goal weight eating like that ;) but you know that. Today is a new day, make better choices, maybe squeeze in some extra exercise. Dont deprive yourself of your favorite things, just enjoy them in moderation and make sure you log them/ leave room for them in your daily numbers!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It appears I can't edit my post, but I just realized a much easier method for figuring out how to reduce your calories in the upcoming week would be Today's Total - Daily Goal = Extra Calories. Then Extra Calories / 6 = Daily Calorie Reduction. So every day for the next six days, Daily Goal - Daily Calorie Reduction = Temporary Reduced Goal.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Based on this post and your profile, it sounds like you have some mental health stuff to work through with a professional.

Seconding this.
    Get help.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    go lift some weights and put those extra calories and carbs to good use :)