Scale probs or is it just me

Options
my scale is tellin me ive lost 6pound in 3days, but i think thats a lie cos it keeps changing but it is not going back to my normal weight anymore.. *confused* and the scale is brand new so im sooo confused..

Replies

• crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options
    water weight maybe?

if it's electronic, try resetting the scale and then try again.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    My scale will tell you 5 different weights within 5 minutes. Craziness:)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    The scale is new, you say? Are you saying you weighed on a different scale and this new scale shows you 6 lbs lighter?

Did you just start dieting & exercising this week?
  • mizhectik
    mizhectik Posts: 24
    Options
    I havent had any water today suprisingly
  • mizhectik
    Options
    nah im saying i weighed myself 3 days ago i was 315.2, 3days later i weighed myself again today it says 408.4, ive weighed myself 5 times now the same weight keeps coming up. And I bought the scale a week ago to start the MFP programme
  • mizhectik
    Options
    i meant 308.4
  • crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options
    nah im saying i weighed myself 3 days ago i was 315.2, 3days later i weighed myself again today it says 408.4, ive weighed myself 5 times now the same weight keeps coming up. And I bought the scale a week ago to start the MFP programme

you may want to edit that... that's a 93.2 lb gain over 3 days..
  • mizhectik
    Options

you may want to edit that... that's a 93.2 lb gain over 3 days..

lool i did below *308.4*
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    You're probably doing this, but make sure you have your feet in the same position everytime.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    make sure your not weighing on a carpet or soft like linoleum also make sure its the same time daily nude or same clothes...I would simply weight in the morning first thing and take that weight to log
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's quite common to notice a dramatic drop when you first start any program. Most of it is water weight that you've lost by changing your habits. Don't be overly concentrated on the scale at this point. Make your focus eating your calorie goal and exercising. It may have been that you were retaining alot of water the day you started due to something you ate the day before.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    ....and make sure the scale is always in the same spot on level flooring. Digital scales are notoriously bad for this problem.

I say we go back to the old needle and dial type scales!!

• mizhectik
    Options
    make sure your not weighing on a carpet or soft like linoleum also make sure its the same time daily nude or same clothes...I would simply weight in the morning first thing and take that weight to log

im not weighing on carpet made that mistake before lool
  • mizhectik
    Options
    It's quite common to notice a dramatic drop when you first start any program. Most of it is water weight that you've lost by changing your habits. Don't be overly concentrated on the scale at this point. Make your focus eating your calorie goal and exercising. It may have been that you were retaining alot of water the day you started due to something you ate the day before.

ive stayed under my calorie intake for the past 3days, but now im jus gunna weigh myself nxt week so i will only focus on my calorie intake for sure..
  • jrbb0309
    jrbb0309 Posts: 55
    Options
    If you just started it could be water weight. It could also have to do with where you are in your monthly cycle. Best way of telling if it's accurate. Get an unopened 5lb bag of flour and weigh it.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Weigh on the same scale with the same clothes at the same time of day. (I weigh naked as a jay bird right after I use the bathroom first thing in the morning.) Make sure the scale is on a level surface and put your feet in the same place.

Without knowing if you used the same scale or if you did any of the other things I mentioned, it's impossible to give you a better idea on what the culprit is.
  • mizhectik
    Options
    well ive jus weighed myself outside on the concrete and it says ive lost 5pounds. weighed myself 5mre times and it says 309.0lbs.. might jus weigh myself when i go gym to get a better idea.
  • KailasMom
    KailasMom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try not to completely rely on my scale because it doesn't account for things like building muscle. Just keep up your fitness regimen and you'll be good.
  • cruise160
    cruise160 Posts: 55
    Options
    Girl take the five pounds and RUNNNNNNNNN! lol!! Just keep doing what your doing and weigh again next week, and if it says ANOTHER 5-6 pound loss. I want your regimen!!!!!

Congrats on your loss and best wishes for much more success!!!!!!!!
  • mizhectik
    Options
    Girl take the five pounds and RUNNNNNNNNN! lol!! Just keep doing what your doing and weigh again next week, and if it says ANOTHER 5-6 pound loss. I want your regimen!!!!!

Congrats on your loss and best wishes for much more success!!!!!!!!

Thank you sweetheart *kisses*