Down 72kg in 18 months...

Options
In my last year of university i piled on the pounds and ballooned to 156kg. Over the last 18-24 months I've lost over 70kg and now weigh 84.2kg. Biggest mistake was being naive and only focusing on cardio. Now my training schedule is a combination of strength and cardio with the focus on dropping body fat.

Although cardio will lead to a significant drop in weight, gaining an understand about why and how you train along with developing a diet according to your goals, is paramount to your results and success. There are many people including myself who believe cutting out carbs will automatically drop the lbs, and it goes without saying that a cardio and less carbs will help people achieve weight loss but long term this is not the healthiest or most effective method in dropping weight or body fat. There are many programs available online which have been developed to assist you in dropping your overall body fat and they will consist of eating a surprising amount of carbohydrates. (recommend that you research these guides)

Your diet doesn't have to be a 'diet' as it becomes more a way of life. Once you begin to eat healthier and see results, you'll grow to love the gym and healthy lifestyle.

Good luck

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!