Trust the process

Options
Im relatively new here (about a week and a half). I have been logging my food and going to the gym every other day. I lost 2.5 pounds only to go out Sunday for a few beers and pub food and gain that back +1 on Monday. Weighed in and measured today and Im down 4 lbs and have lost a half inch on my bust, waist and hips.

After thinking and reading too much and stressing out about wanting to have a social life, I still have a loss. stay at your calories, get moving and it will happen. Now Im more motivated and have to get to the gym. Wooot!!!!

Replies

• mkemmis73
    mkemmis73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm counting calories, working out and sticking to the plan. I'm not seeing many changes yet, but I know at some point it's going to catch up! Keep up the good work!!
  • dr0707
    dr0707 Posts: 24
    Options
    when did you start? It will catch up and it feels great! when that scale doesn't move and keeps going up even though youre being honest and doing the work its such a downer!! almost to where I was gonna say *kitten* it. It will never happen. Ive been on so many diets only to give up or gain back. This doesn't feel like a diet. Im eating what everyone else eats, just less of it. Im passing on the cakes and chips and processed foods and its not killing me to do that.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude! "This doesnt feel like a diet." Remember that! So true. It is a life long change. Lots of luck and keep up the great work!
  • mkemmis73
    mkemmis73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a diet either. I know this is what I need to do for the rest of my life to be healthy. I've been back at it for 2 weeks. I'm loving how good I already feel just by eating better foods and moving!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    ^ Great! So happy for you! Keep it up! As you go long it gets better and better. :)
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good attitude. I've been on here for over a year - it's definitely not a diet for me but something I'm doing for life. You definitely have to get ready to see your weight changing over time - sometimes up, sometimes down and sometimes staying the same for a while. It's all part of the process.
  • dr0707
    Options
    thanks mattyc! Im in for the long haul. I was always very tiny and over the last 6 or 7 years I packed it on. for the last two years I tried every fad diet out there with some success only to gain it back plus more. Im using butter and half and half and full fat salad dressings so I don't feel deprived. Im just learning when to stop and measuring EVERYTHING!

Theres so much conflicting info out there so im sticking with the calories in calories out method. I was reading these boards day and night. Information overload. If I think too much, Ill feel like im doing it wrong.
  • dr0707
    Options
    YES modern. that's the hard part. Im going to try and stay off the scale until next Wednesday. I think Ill take it out of the bathroom and put it in the closet.