Ideas for leftover Teriyaki Pork Shoulder

Options
RejsGirl
RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
I cooked a pork roast in the crock pot a couple days ago and I have a ton of meat left. Usually I would make tortillas or tacos with the leftovers, but this time I used teriyaki sauce and orange juice for the marinade. It has more of an asian vibe than a BBQ/Mexican vibe, so....other than stir fry it, anyone have any ideas of what I could do with it?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    soft bread wrap, iceberg lettuce and hot pork

mix it cold into salad

heat and eat with rice or jacket potato

• egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    freeze some for a quick meal-just did that yesterday. Made a bbq pork tenderloin and threw some in the freezer with my frozen spaghetti sauce and chili for those days I don't want to cook. I have some of the smaller containers and it holds a serving just for me as well.
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Make a noodle bowl. Throw some ramen noodles, chicken stock, soy sauce, hot sauce, bok choy (or any veggie really) and a soft or hard boiled egg in to a bowl.

I made that recently with leftover pulled pork. I also let some leftover shredded cabbage boil in the chicken stock too.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Lo Mein.....yum!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Pizza!
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone! I wound up making pork sandwiches for DB & pork with vegetables (stir fry, I guess you'd call it) for myself. The noodles/lo-mein sounded like a great idea, but my carbs are maxed for the day. :(
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    you're already done I guess, but I also use it for pork fried rice, or a panzanella salad (although both have carbs, & I don't know how many you have to work with...)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I actually had some tacos with an asian flair and they were still REALLY tasty. Instead of lettuce, they used some cabbage and emphasized that flavor. However, a salad would also work.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Make some fusion tacos! What silver arrow said! Raw green and/or red cabbage, maybe some shredded carrot and/or red onion, a little sriracha aioli (which means sriracha w/ a bit of mayo). That *kitten* would be gold!