Scales put a downer on my day

Options
I was weighed at my doctors office a couple of weeks back and it read 61kg. Since then I've had one really healthy week and one not so great because I was ill and in bed. This week I've been doing well so far, but when I stepped on the scale it read 63kg. I'm disappointed; I knew I wouldn't have lost any but a gain of 2kg is a lot for me and I really wanted to be down to at least 56kg by the end of March :/

Replies

• zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi ya mate, dont get down about it, remember weight isnt everything, there is loads to concider shape, size and how you are feeling. Weight changes on daily basis and at different times of the day too. I am happy to motivate you and help and encourage too, but you will lose it. Please dont get down.
  • littlelatina19
    littlelatina19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about that. I have actually been feeling a lot more energetic since eating healthier. Thank you for the support. I think I'm only stressing a bit because my family is all going on holiday for the end of March, but some weight loss will be better, even if I don't reach my target.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Is the doctor's scale going to be the scale you're going by for your "real" weight?

I ask because I weigh naked after I first get up in the morning on my scale at home. This means that clothed and after a meal or so, I'm going to have a larger body weight even if I have not gained that in fat over time.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Don't change scales and try the same clothing, same time of day. I weigh every other week before a workout at the Y on their scale. The next day, this week, my doctor's scale showed me 4lb up - I told her I was ignoring it. ;-)
  • littlelatina19
    Options
    Haha, I like how you told her you would ignore it Jacqueline :P I assumed that the doctors scale was the most accurate, that's why I chose to use that number. I was clothed at both weigh ins, but the funny thing is that my clothes were heavier the first time, yet the scales were higher the second time.
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Don't let the scale control you... body weight fluctuates pretty significantly based on all sorts of factors. Just keep making the effort to make the right choices and before you know it, your eyes will tell you that you're doing good. Go get 'em
  • callmeampersand
    callmeampersand Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself one time naked (176.6lbs) and then clothed (179.6) and then an hour later at the doctor, no eating (180.4). Now, I only judge my weight based on my scale and no clothes, otherwise it can really mess with your head. Also, keep in mind if you haven't gone to the bathroom recently that can add up, I know this from personal experience lol. Don't let it get you down! Like someone previously said weight fluctuates depending on a lot of factors.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    When I go to the doctor's office, I tell them the weight I was that morning when I weighed myself at home first thing, post-bathroom, and they use that one. They know I weigh myself frequently (I do it daily, but whatever), and it lets them know I'm actively monitoring it.
  • littlelatina19
    Options
    Wow, I knew it could fluctuate, but I didn't know it could happen so fast! I have ibs so I think that could contribute?