Finished being matronly as of now! 56 yrs old and happy to meet you! :)

Options
All of the sudden I look old, tired and fat around the middle. Before, I always looked much younger than my actual age; but now, no one seems surprised. I am finally back going to the gym I have been paying for, starting about 5 days ago. I suffered a foot injury in early summer and it took months to heal, but that excuse expired several months ago. Then, the holidays... I let it all hang out. I was a bit embarrassed to show up to the gym after all this time, afraid they would announce over the loud speaker, "Welcome Back! Where have you been????? Not here, obviously!"
I am wanting to WANT to go to that gym, it offers everything. I found this site and it is actually getting me excited that I can track things, I have never in my life actually tracked calories and it is really eye-opening. I am even being honest about having those several glasses of wine here and there. I am aiming to lose 30 lbs total by summer and maybe a bit more once that is acheived, then I will reassess. I can't wait to read about all of your successes and hope I can join your struggles with my own to see each other through this journey.

Replies

• loujen1
    loujen1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lilies7203 wrote: »
    All of the sudden I look old, tired and fat around the middle. Before, I always looked much younger than my actual age; but now, no one seems surprised. I am finally back going to the gym I have been paying for, starting about 5 days ago. I suffered a foot injury in early summer and it took months to heal, but that excuse expired several months ago. Then, the holidays... I let it all hang out. I was a bit embarrassed to show up to the gym after all this time, afraid they would announce over the loud speaker, "Welcome Back! Where have you been????? Not here, obviously!"
    I am wanting to WANT to go to that gym, it offers everything. I found this site and it is actually getting me excited that I can track things, I have never in my life actually tracked calories and it is really eye-opening. I am even being honest about having those several glasses of wine here and there. I am aiming to lose 30 lbs total by summer and maybe a bit more once that is acheived, then I will reassess. I can't wait to read about all of your successes and hope I can join your struggles with my own to see each other through this journey.
    Lilies7203 wrote: »
    I'm also new here but don't know hiw to add or request friends, however, you sound like a fun person and have a sense of humor, loved when you spoke about your gym. I bought an elliptical machine and recently dusted it so I could use it "again ".
    I'm a yo yo person, up and down all the time but I keep trying, I'd love to lose 30 pounds and would love to have us support each other so if you know how to add a friend, please add me!
  • dandscooper
    dandscooper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck I hear you I to look in the mirror and see tired and old I have struggled with balance in my life between work kids husband etc and realize I need take time for myself
  • fineup2now
    Options
    This is my first time using an app to follow a weight loss plan. I too am turning 54 and feel matronly. What happened! I ran a marathon in my younger years, was a weightlifter only 6 years ago but since going backbintobthevwork force I made that my focus and put myself on the back burner. I also maintained a gym membership for 6 years without walking through the door. I hope to find encouragement and motivation as we walk this same path together. Here 's to lifelong success.