5'4" ladies - how many cals per day do you eat?

Options
Hey guys, for those of you who are around 5'4" and female how many calories a day do you consume for your weight loss plan? Do you eat back your calories from exercising or not?

I just want to guage my calories per day vs. yours!

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I set mine to 1400 a day as I thought 1200 was a bit too low. It seems to be working better for me.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    1440 cal per day and sometimes to most times.....I eat my workout cals back.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am allowed 1680, but I eat 1200 to the full 1680 depending on the day. Some days I just cant eat that much. Others I can.
  • MsCracker
    MsCracker Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and this food diary thingy has me eating 1630 calories a day. That's for a pound a week weight loss. There are days when I can meet that goal and days when it's just the most difficult thing in the world to do.

Today is a bad day. I'm trying hard not to go over.
  • anwendy
    anwendy Posts: 17
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1200 a day to lose 1 lb per week. And yes, I eat back ALL my exercise calories on most days. I rarely leave more than 100.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    It honestly varies. I eat as I am hungry. Sometimes it's 1100, other days it's 1800. I generally don't eat my exercise calories back, but I use them if I do get hungry.
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    well, I'm 5'3"-5'4" and I eat around 1400-1500. It's working great :D
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    From 1350-1450. And yes, I eat my exercise cal back.
    When I start maintaining, next week, I will go up to 1560.
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1370 and most days I do struggle to eat all of my calories let alone my exercise calories. Most of the time, I feel like if I eat my exercise calories back, I am defeating the purpose of exercising!!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1200 and find it do-able. I eat back some of my exercise calories on most days, and eat back most of them on some days.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    MFP set my calorie at 1200... and I eat back my excercise calories...
    and sometimes more...

hmm, maybe that's ...WHY I'M FRIGGING STUCK A MY PLATEAU!

Sorry... back to normal now...

L.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'4", and I am at 1200 per day, and sometimes I eat more, sometimes I eat less. It all depends on if I am hungry or not. I don't really exercise, (I walk a lot, but don't count that as exercise), so exercise calories are moot for me.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". MFP had me set at 1200 and I stayed at that for the first 3 months but then I plateaued and upped it to1300-1400. Eating my exercise cals back is totally random for me. If I feel hungry I eat them, if not, I don't.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 1350, and yes I add exercise cals to that number to get my daily goal. I found that 1200 was really tough...but for some reason that extra 150 calories makes a world of difference.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think I have 1570 a day, which should allow me to lose a pound a week. I started at 1200 and my weight loss came to a screeching halt after about 3 weeks and I was always hungry. As soon as I increased calories I started losing again. In 3 months I have lost almost 20lbs. I do eat back my exercise calories and I am rarely hungry. Everyone is different, I hope you find what works best for you.
  • sweetpeaga7
    sweetpeaga7 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I only allow myself 1200 a day and since I've started working out twice a day I can't eat back all of my calories ever. On days that I only work out once a day it's easier but I try not to eat all of them back though because I too feel like that's defeating the purpose of working so hard to lose the weight. Hope this helps you some!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Will depend on what weight you are I suppose :)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I have my minimum set at 1450, which is just above my RMR. I do eat my exercise calories (typically 100-300 cals per day), which brings my daily total from 1500 to 2000 to maintain a 500 cal/day deficit under my TDEE.
  • kels_love
    kels_love Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I try to eat 1200 calories a day...but that's pretty hard for me to do, lol. Kinda weird. It works for me, though. I started 2 weeks ago and I have already lost 12 pounds.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    My cals are set to 1350, but I usually eat about 900-1300, sometimes more - it just depends on my hunger and exercise levels that day. I usually eat most of my workout cals back, but not every time.