Your favorite coffee?

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
I started drinking coffee in earnest about a year ago. I transitioned into drinking my coffee black (love the taste). It was either Folger's, Columbia, or this one holiday Starbucks blend.

I'd like to expand my coffee horizons, and I was wondering what you guys would recommend. What's your favorite coffee?

Random sidenote.....I've tried to like it but man do I hate Blonde roasts.

giphy.gif

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Laugh if you like, but I have lately been loving a coffee/chiccory blend by Luzianne. I drink it black so I like that it's smoother than other coffees. It tastes kind of herb-y. I also like cafe bustelo espresso grind.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm a k-cup person, so like Donut Shop and Millstone Foglifter; Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce is fab if you like flavored coffee . I also just discovered they sell the McCafe coffee in k-cup form, too! McDonalds coffee is so much better than Dunkin or TImmy's and it's my go-to when I'm out and about.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Bali Blue Moon is amazing. It tastes like coffee smells and you can order it on Amazon. I will go to my grave with a bag of it clutched in my fist.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Deathwish Coffee. Or go buy a press and make your own... the flavor is 5x better.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Duncan Coffee. Grind my own.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Deathwish is really good coffee if you like it nice and strong (I do!)

I like darker roasts and coffee with more of a bite, so I tend to go with a whole bean French roast and grind it fresh with a burr grinder. There's an Ethiopian bean that's quite good without being sour.

I also prefer a pourover as I like my coffee VERY fresh, so I used to use those little Melita cuptop coffee makers. I got a Chemex coffee maker for Christmas, and really love it. My husband has also converted, now that he understands that while there's an art to a good pourover, it is not actually difficult.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Deathwish huh....I'll have to look into it. Herby coffee sounds good too. I need to try all these.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Deathwish is really good coffee if you like it nice and strong (I do!)

I like darker roasts and coffee with more of a bite, so I tend to go with a whole bean French roast and grind it fresh with a burr grinder. There's an Ethiopian bean that's quite good without being sour.

I also prefer a pourover as I like my coffee VERY fresh, so I used to use those little Melita cuptop coffee makers. I got a Chemex coffee maker for Christmas, and really love it. My husband has also converted, now that he understands that while there's an art to a good pourover, it is not actually difficult.

I use the melita cuptop too!

• jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Lavazza Crema e Gusto
    Seriously, this is the stuff. Read the tons of reviews on Amazon and do yourself a lovely favor. Get some.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Starbucks French Roast extra bold flavor, 16oz in the morning. After work I drink a DD pumpkin flavor K-cup.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I love the Folger's Black Silk. There's also a shop an hour and a half from me that I've discovered sells fantastic coffee. They grind it when you buy it. I'm not sure where they get their beans from, but the shop is called Sweet Gourmet. I love the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Jamaican Me Crazy, and the Sweet Gourmet Blend (which has a hint of Chocolate and caramel with a slight hazelnut flavor).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am really not that picky, I love coffee...and surprisingly the generic Best Choice coffee from the supermarket is (in my opinion) just as good as most "better" coffees I have tried. My favorites are the Best Choice French Roast, Supreme Roast, and Colombian.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You want good coffee try and find a roaster near you. When I lived in CT there was one about 5 minutes from the house. No better coffee that something roasted and ground that day!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I love french roasts or dark roasts coffees. We have a kcup machine at work and I have one at home along w a reg Bunn coffee maker. We switch back and forth between the ones. I buy the kcups when I find them on sale. I like flavored coffees too but they are lighter roasts though. I used to grind my own beans but haven't in a while.
    Must have 3 big cups of coffee in morning and one in the afternoon. I do use decaf too!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Dallmayr. Not cheap, but the only decaf which tastes like the best real coffee you've ever had (other than Julius Meinl which is tough to find in the US). The regular coffee by Dallmayr is also excellent. I get it from Amazon.
  • Wolfeaj19
    Wolfeaj19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favorite cheap can coffee is Chock Full o'Nuts. Also, highly suggest getting a french press. Press beats drip hands down.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    When I'm out and about, I love McDonald's coffee or my local C-store (Kwik Trip/Cafe Karuba--yep, it's tasty). At home, I use a french press with the Cafe Karuba beans sold at the C-store. Still waiting (but not holding my breath--wishful thinking) for McD's beans to make at home.

I have a humble and modest coffee palate.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Wolfeaj19 wrote: »
    My favorite cheap can coffee is Chock Full o'Nuts. Also, highly suggest getting a french press. Press beats drip hands down .

French press > drip <3 Takes no time at all. Wake up, put the kettle on, bathroom time, come back, pour, press, drink!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton Black coffee with some stevia and coconut oil
  • carolbrady1
    carolbrady1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Taylor's of Harrogate Hot Lava Java - strength 6!! Not for the fainthearted.