Options
    barista style black is good for me
  • CaptainJAG_37
    Options
    Cafe Vergnano Espresso
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When I'm out and about, I love McDonald's coffee or my local C-store (Kwik Trip/Cafe Karuba--yep, it's tasty). At home, I use a french press with the Cafe Karuba beans sold at the C-store. Still waiting (but not holding my breath--wishful thinking) for McD's beans to make at home.

I have a humble and modest coffee palate.

I have seen the McCafe beans/grounds at my local grocery store - so they are coming.

My current obsession is the chocolate coffee from Trader Joe's. Or the Illy medium roast beans. I found some things here to try, thank you!

I absolutely adore my AeroPress though. I do have a copper french press as well, but for ease of use & cleanup, the AP is AMAZING. I can also do a bazillion things with them both.
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wawa, no contest. Beats out any professional coffee house or gourmet coffee brand I've ever tried.
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Green Mountain Colombian is my jam. I drink most coffee with a splash of skim milk but I could drink this stuff by the gallon with no milk at all!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    When I'm out and about, I love McDonald's coffee or my local C-store (Kwik Trip/Cafe Karuba--yep, it's tasty). At home, I use a french press with the Cafe Karuba beans sold at the C-store. Still waiting (but not holding my breath--wishful thinking) for McD's beans to make at home.

I have a humble and modest coffee palate.

McDonald's does have beans now that you can buy at the grocery store. I'm not a McD's fan, though.

I <3 Stone Creek Coffee--it's from Milwaukee (WI). I found one this holiday season called "Santa's Revenge"...it's incredible! Very dark, and very smooth!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    for Kcups I like the Newman's Own Special Blend. For drip I do like Duncan and 8 Oclock french roast. I used to love hazelnut but for the last 5 years or so I've really disliked flavored coffee.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    tf4t0j5w1hxd.gif

That is all I drink - Xtra Cream
  • Djrundle13
    Djrundle13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Caribu, Obsidian blend is really good. but I haven't had a bad Caribu coffee either.

that Deathwish coffee has me intruiged. I like a strong coffee.

but as someone mentioned above, finding a local roaster would be good too!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Kenya AA, roasted light just after the second crack. If it is done right, the beans shouldn't have any oil on them initially. There is very little bitterness in the cup, light on the tongue, I could drink it and nothing else.
  • I like Seattle's Best Organic #4. They sell it at Walmart for $5.88/bag! Affordable, tasty, and ORGANIC!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Seattle's Best, Roast #4!
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Peet's. Peet's Peet's Peet's. Any of their dark roasts--Major Dickason's Blend is a good intro. You may be able to find it on the shelves of your local supermarket, or at your local Costco (if you have a local Costco). Better, if you live near a store (here on the east coast they converted all of the Caribou Coffee joints to Peet's) try a cup of the dark roast there.

Also agree that Kenya AA, from most roasters, is an incredible cup (though I like it dark).
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Boccellin wrote: »
    Wawa, no contest. Beats out any professional coffee house or gourmet coffee brand I've ever tried.

^^ THIS

Even their k-cups and by the pound packages are better than your grocery store standards.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Jingle Bell Java from Mystic Monk Coffee. It's seasonal, but man is this stuff good...never bitter.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

I have seen the McCafe beans/grounds at my local grocery store - so they are coming.

McDonald's does have beans now that you can buy at the grocery store.

B)<3 (*) This information makes my day!! I will have to look harder, or call around.
  • TenderMoon
    TenderMoon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Was never a fan of Starbucks until I discovered their Blonde Roast. My favorite coffee at the moment.
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You want good coffee try and find a roaster near you. When I lived in CT there was one about 5 minutes from the house. No better coffee that something roasted and ground that day!

Exactly!! Buy it fresh roasted and grind it yourself just before brewing.

I love the coffee in my Chemex but it's just too much hassle. I've gone back to a regular old drip coffee maker except for special times.

In a hurry, K-cups are convenient and make a decent cup but I hate using the non-recyclable containers. I've been using the San Francisco Bay recyclable k-cups and they are excellent and reasonably priced. http://www.rogersfamilyco.com/

Keep it clean and fresh!

• RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Dark roast (I like the Sumatra) or the Dark Magic K-cups....I forget which brand those are.

Really though the big thing for coffee is to buy whole beans and grind them just before making it. And to use enough coffee grounds. My grandfather and dad both don't use nearly the amount you're supposed to use. Grinding right before is the best thing no matter what type of coffee you like.
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I get it at Sprouts. Organic Guatamalen. Sooooo good and has a chocolately undertone.