getting started....again

Options
Back again. I used MFP and lost approximately 30 lbs about 2 years ago through calorie counting and running and running and running... I HATE RUNNING. Before every run I would strap on knee supports and after every run I would need a few ibuprofen and to ice my hip all night. Rather than being smart about it and switching to more conducive activity (power walking/elliptical or something of that sort per my doctor) I gave up and pouted and proceeded to gain it all back. So now I'm starting over (minus the running portion). Here we go. Wish me luck. ;)

Replies

• LizzieBG34
    Options
    Forget running. Try to walk for an hour a day. Learn to love the environment you live in. Take photographs, take your kids if you have them! Running is such a drudge. The weight will drop off gradually. I wish you the very best of luck. Just go for it!
  • kellyann2001
    kellyann2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lizzie!
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I also hate running and have began weight training and LOVE it! :)
  • monmonxiaolin
    Options
    I also go for running an hour a day, try to do 5 days a week. It makes me feel like all food is so yummy after all. Well, I hate running too! lol

I just got back on MFP for 2 days after a year.

Good luck! :D
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP! Add me as a friend if you want!
  • LaurelAnneSharon
    LaurelAnneSharon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I a just starting for the first time and I feel so in control with this app
  • Yup im in that boat with ya . I may try and get a netflix on the treadmill and just walk the movie see if that distracts me .
  • kellyann2001
    kellyann2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Martin- That's exactly what I've been doing. Find a series you like and one episode per walk. I sometimes start another and walk longer just because I want to see what happens. :wink:
  • DiChic74
    DiChic74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm back for the second time as well. Last year I joined MFP and didn't keep it up successfully. This year so far I've logged in 8 days in a row! I'm hoping to lose about 20 pounds or so but fitting exercise into my day is the biggest challenge. So I'm trying to eat my calorie goal each day and log food so it becomes a habit, and then add in something like fitness classes or walking (I HATE gyms). :smiley:

Good luck on your journey!! Add me if you like!!
  • AprilFool68
    AprilFool68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged into MFP in ages and today I had the sudden urge/need to do so. Maybe it was to see your post so that I will see that I'm not the only one. I lost 45 lbs. approx. 3.5 years ago using MFP (more than half way to my goal weight). I won't bore you with with the reasons (some good, some not so good) of why I put it back on. Whatever my reasons were for letting myself go, it just doesn't matter anymore. It's time to pull myself together and get back on it.

I wish you all the best and support. We can do this. If you'd like to, please add me as a friend. Have an awesome day.