Easy Lunch Ideas

Options
bethhjanee
bethhjanee Posts: 36 Member
Just looking for a few lunch ideas. I have a George Forman grill and a microwave at work I can use. And preferably without salad as I don't really like this haha

Replies

• kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Leftovers or soup reheated in the microwave. Pastas and chills work well and I love a filled tomato soup or basic pumpkin soup with something on the side. You could also of course bring wraps or sandwiches, you could even heat them up in the grill. Some more specific ideas:
    - Tuna pasta salad
    - Tomato soup with white beans, mushrooms and kale
    - Crustless quiche
    - A wrap with e.g. scrambled eggs and ham or leftover chili, reheated in the grill
    - A couscous or quinoa or so salad with for example grilled chicken, mango, almonds and curry spices
    - Vegetable chicken soup with a cracker on the side
    - Jacket potato, reheated and filled with tuna salad, leftover chili or whatever else you fancy
    - Leftover meatloaf with cooked vegetables and a dip (such as tzatziki)
    - A cold noodle salad
  • pamela2heaven
    Options
    I buy rotisserie chickens and debone them then make sandwiches using the 40 calorie bread and spicy mustard. So good. Instead of chips I eat the Snapeas.
    I make lettuce wraps with ham or turkey lunchmeat with spicy mustard sometimes, too.
  • Blodyntatws99
    Options
    I usually just make a little extra of whatever we're having for dinner in the evening, and take that to work as lunch the next day. No extra cooking or preparation, just stick it in the microwave if needs be and bob's your uncle. Cheap, quick, varied, and absolutely no effort!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Leftovers, easiest way to go - you already cooked it portion it out in reusable to go containers