Why am I not loosing weight

Options
I have been eating healthier and less then normal. I also work out about everyday. I haven't lost any weight. Any suggestions to why?

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight, you are eating more calories than you think you are.

Do you use a food scale?

• yanahart
    Options
    No. I just have been eating less and healthier and hardly any sugar. I weight 130 and want to weight 120. I'm 25 years old and not sure why it's hard loosing this weight
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yanahart wrote: »
    No. I just have been eating less and healthier and hardly any sugar. I weight 130 and want to weight 120. I'm 25 years old and not sure why it's hard loosing this weight

That's the issue- you aren't using a food scale. Using a food scale will make calorie counting more precise. When you don't use a food scale, you don't know how many calories you are truly consuming.

You can buy one at Amazon or a store like Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You are likely inadvertently eating more calories than you think you are. You need to accurately track. Using a food scale is the easiest way, and more accurate than measuring cups. You don't just need to eat less, you need to be sure you are taking in less than you are using. You also haven't mentioned how long you have been trying to loose weight.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You are still consuming to many calories if you are not losing or you are not giving yourself enough time.

How long have you been "eating healthier" and less? Are you tracking the number of calories at all or just going by portions?

Many people can lose weight through smaller portions without tracking calories, but you only have a few pounds to lose. It may require more precision than that, so try and track calories as accurately as possible and see if that helps with the weight loss.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating more than you think, which is not hard to do at all, really...until I got a food scale I had no idea how much I was overeating, it was quite an eye-opener. Also, you are fairly slim already and only want to lose 10 pounds, that takes a little more time to do for most people. Get a food scale and start keeping track and you should see progress.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Are you tracking your food at all? Honestly, just starting there might bring the problem to light without a food scale.

• yanahart
    Options
    Thank you all! That helps a lot. I have just been using this app for counting calories. This is my 2nd week of doing this. I know it takes little longer but haven't seen much results.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Your expectations are too high :) You have only been doing this for one full week. With only 10 lbs to lose, your goal should be 0.5 lbs a week weight loss.
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    don't worry so much about the scale, if you're eating healthy and working out, your muscles are gaining and they weigh a lot more but take up far less space. Stay with it and your eyes will show you that you're doing the right thing
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    Your expectations are too high :) You have only been doing this for one full week. With only 10 lbs to lose, your goal should be 0.5 lbs a week weight loss.
    Agreed. Set your goal for half a pound a week, track as accurately as you can, and give it time.
  • yanahart
    Options
    Thank you. It's hard not weighing myself. I like knowing if Iv lost or not. I just figured since Iv been eating much better and less that I would loose more quickly.
  • beast919
    beast919 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you eat in a calorie deficit you will lose weight, try focus on counting calories rather than eating healthier
  • yanahart
    Options
    I do count calories. Gives me 1540 a day. I usually stay under that.
  • enigmaneo
    enigmaneo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are probably eating more than you burn. You don't look fat so I doubt you have a metabolism problem. Bad counting is my guess.
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    your weigh will fluctuate due to so many damn things that you'll drive yourself crazy.... literally, no more than once every 2 weeks and remember, even then, the act of weighing yourself plays no role in losing weight getting healthier. It's not even a great way to keep score. Believe your mind and your eyes will soon see the changes
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you recently started working out your muscles may be retaining water, this is normal and once you get used to the new routine your muscles will shed most of the excess water.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You also may be creating too much of a deficit.
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options

'Healthier' is a meaningless word used in diet magazines and by supermarkets who want you to buy a lot of granola. You can get just as fat by adding bananas and handfuls of seeds to everything.

When I wanted to shed the baby weight I ate 'healthy' foods, pasta, rice, wholemeal bread, fruit, lots of fruit, yoghurt. So 'healthy'! But 2000-3000 cals a day of that stuff is still 2000-3000 cals. It was only when I started weighing things out and realising just how much I was eating that the weight came off.

Open up your diary, get some cheap electronic scales and prepare to be amazed!

• yanahart
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone! I will try buying food scale and not weigh as much and maybe I will see better results ;)