New mom- getting serious

Options
Hi! I'm Kamrin. I had my first baby six months ago and I think I'm finally getting some of this parenting thing down! I was over weight to begin with and lost 20 pounds while I was pregnant by eating healthier. I'm looking to get really serious about my health. I want to stay healthy for myself and my family!

Replies

• sunrise1212
    sunrise1212 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great goal! I am a new mom to a 6 month old too and its been quite the journey! Very rewarding though :)
  • airforcewife8
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm a new mom as well. Baby boy is 5 1/2 months. I need/want to lose atleast 50lbs. I've been counting the calories and getting on the treadmill. But I can't wait for the weather to be warmer so I can take little one out for a jog in his jogging stroller.
  • spawlik0723
    spawlik0723 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had my 2nd baby in November lost all the weight within 2 weeks but I'm still trying to lose the 20 I gained with my 1st in 2013. I just started to workout again.
  • kamrindoll
    Options
    I was trying to figure out how to add calories to take in to account for breastfeeding? Have any of you found a way to do that? Right now I'm just watching how many I go over. I tried a couple times to put my baby in the jogging stroller and he just cried! I think it's too roomy in there for him!
  • keturaheaton
    keturaheaton Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I add 500 calories a day for breastfeeding. I try to eat around 1800 calories a day
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    4th baby is 7 months old, 3rd baby is 17 months old :). Love to have mom friends, the more the merrier. I'm not trying to lose but am focusing on regaining strength, doing mainly lifting for exercise right now, running about twice a week...