Chicken wings?

Options
My husband is making chicken wings tonight. I bought raw ones from Perdue so I can weigh them out for calories. My question is once my husband drops them in the deep fryer the caloric amount? (with no breading, he frys them, sauces them, then bakes them). I will measure my sauce but any clue where the calories will go in the deep fryer with just vegetable oil? I'm stumped on what to add that the wings will absorb? Normally I make and measure my food seperately but this step is hard to count and I want to enjoy some wings with my family honestly without screwing up my goals for the day! Any input is appreciated!

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    For the first time around, I measured each of the ingredients and use a small fry pan to fry my portions. I used 1 cup of oil and re-measured after frying. I built a recipe to use in the future. From that point on, I used the deep fryer.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you'd calculate calories from the fryer, but I've had delicious success just saucing and baking the wings -- skipping the fryer entirely. Is that possible for your portion?