Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Finding the motivation stick with it!

I am just starting out on my weight loss journey, I am currently 200 & my overall goal is to be 170 to start. The hardest thing for me is staying motivated for more than 1 week! If anyone wants to take this similar journey with me and help to motivate each other please post & I will friend you!

thanks!
Julie

Replies

• You can add me if you'd like. It's great motivation to see other's progress and be there through out their journey.
  • HB94
    HB94 Posts: 2
    Add me too if you would like, I am new to this journey too! :) 12lbs down, 68lbs to go!
  • emmasmum07
    emmasmum07 Posts: 43 Member
    Just getting back on the wagon today ... I am totally in the same boat! I know I can do this it is just hard to get the first couple weeks under my belt and moving in the right direction!
    I would love to have some people to chat with and look for support and be there to return the favor!!!
  • ethibault1978
    ethibault1978 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, i've been on MFP for 45DAYS and down 11lbs. My not be a lot. However i've been completely honest about everything I've loged. I haven't stuck with anything for more than 2weeks but i know i have found a sight that i love and keeps me honest. Feel free to add me.
  • Thanks everyone! Sending you all requests :) we can do this!!
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Hi, I'm a chronic dieter, and vanishing motivation was always a huge problem for me, so the weight loss was never long-term. I've been on MFP for 51 days and lost 12+ lbs. The reason it's different for me this time is that I lowered my expectations and chose a slower rate of weight loss in favor of higher daily calories. It might be hard to not see immediate results, but hey, I'm losing weight with minimal efforts. So I don't really need a strong motivation because there's practically no struggle. My only resolution was to log daily, no matter what. You can add me as a friend. My food diary is open and I'm on MFP daily to give and receive support :smiley:
  • duffmama
    duffmama Posts: 9 Member
    We're in the same boat! I've started and fallen off the wagon. It's so hard to change my mentality from dieting to just living a more purposeful, healthy life. You can add me as a friend and we all can walk this journey together. I need a good kick in the pants :wink: