Year of me first

Options
im Natasha, I've used fitness pal in the past and maintained my weight reasonably well, but in general I still gain about 10 lbs every year. I've attributed this to a sedentary professional life and entering menopause, which is pretty much when the real difficulty began for me. There's another aspect though, which is that I'm a "sandwich-generation" baby boomer middle aged woman and certainly have fallen into the trap of putting everyone's needs ahead of my own for decades, rewarding myself only with good food and wine and plenty of it.
No. More.
I retired effective January 1 and aim to love a different way, one in which I care for ME in more constructive ways. Year 1 is focused on learning a new rhythm. I expect things to go better this time around!

Replies

• sarahb1340
    Options
    Good luck to you! :)
  • nettypip13
    nettypip13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck and well done for thinking of yourself. I'm a wife and a mum too and know just how hard it is to put yourself first. I've begun my journey today, with loads of encouragement from my daughter. I've also been through the menopause and have had breast cancer. Now, like yourself, it's time for me ! Time for us wives and mums to think of US - well done and good luck on your journey. You go for it !!!!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice -- just like on an airplane -- "Put your own oxygen mask on first..." Feel free to add me if you'd like support on the journey.
  • MissJessieFit
    Options
    Good luck! And enjoy!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Wow! I could have typed this exact same message complete with all the same details! Good luck to you and to putting ourselves first for a change!! (I'm a work in progress, but 2015 is also the Year of ME!)