Newbie looking for weight loss buddies!

Options
hey, y'all. I'm Lisa from North Georgia. Mom, wife, pretty quiet but enjoyable life. I'm looking to lose 75 lbs. I'd like to make some accountability weight loss buddies!

Replies

• kieghley1987
    Options
    Im looking for buddies too! I am a mum of two and live in the uk. Im at the start of my journey. Lost 11lbs so far but got loads more to go
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    hey, y'all. I'm Lisa from North Georgia. Mom, wife, pretty quiet but enjoyable life. I'm looking to lose 75 lbs. I'd like to make some accountability weight loss buddies!

• thirstberg
    thirstberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for weight loss "buddies". I have 89 pounds to lose. Single mom of two in western canada
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hiya Lisa :) I'm Lisa too a full time mum from co Durham x
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 50lbs! 30 yrs old, mom of three married to my high school sweetheart :) Want to lead an all around MUCH healthier life!
  • kieghley1987
    Options
    I am also looking for buddies. Im a uk mum looking to loose some serious pounds. 11lbs down so far and lots more to go
  • CMBN1985
    CMBN1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I've same weight to lose so someone to keep accountability against would be great. I've tried adding you but doesn't seem to let me. If you want to try adding me? Good luck!
  • kieghley1987
    Options
    Ok i'll try and add you
  • kieghley1987
    Options
    I have sent a friends request :)
  • jfweisgerber
    jfweisgerber Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a mom of 4 living in Hawaii, just moved here a year and a half ago. I have lots to lose but will start with the first 50. I will be 45 in February and I am ready to fit back into the closet full of clothes I have. HELP ME STAY MOTIVATED!!
  • kieghley1987
    Options
    Sounds good. Im sure you'll do great! I also have lots of lbs to try and get rid of. We can do it
  • CoachSwish
    CoachSwish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I know this is going to look like spam, but really I am an actual person! LOL! I was able to lose 72 pounds and now I am coaching others and helping them reach their goal. I have a New Year New YOU group on facebook. I would love if you all would be interested in joining us!
  • CoachSwish
    Options
  • CoachSwish
    Options
    They are all people I have helped. I am on the bottom row. I would LOVE if you would be interested in joining us! :)
  • lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa. I'm looking for accountability buddies. This is my story. I've been overweight all my life. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and I damaged my heart from my crummy diet. God was tapping on my shoulder to make a change, but I was ignoring Him. You can only ignore God so long before He gives you a kick in the backside. I weighed 327 lbs. and I got that kick. After being rushed to the ER, I vowed to eat healthy and I lost 130 lbs. That summer I started swimming laps even though I am a crummy swimmer, and in the winter I was walking, but only a mile 3 Xs week. After I broke 200 lbs., I decided I was going to "maintain" for awhile even though I still had not made it all the way to my goal of 150. For awhile I was doing great but I started slipping gradually. Constant knee problems made it hard to walk and right now, I haven't swam laps since the summer. I vowed I was not going to allow myself to regain all my weight back so here I am. I weighed myself January 12 and I have gained back almost 50 lbs over the last 2 years! (I thought I gained back about 25! How we live in denial! ) I almost hit the floor. I have kept a food journal when I lost weight before. It was in a notebook, but this time I'm trying this and hope having friends will help me to achieve my goals of getting healthy and staying that way! I support your efforts, feel free to add me and maybe we can help each other! And anyone else who reads this is welcome to add me!
  • RaesMommy33
    RaesMommy33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking here as well! My name is Summer, mommy of 2 and gave birth 4 weeks ago! Looking to lose about 35-40 lbs. I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. Add me!! I hope to gain some motivation from others in a similar boat :)
  • RaesMommy33
    RaesMommy33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also hope I can help some ladies out, I used to weigh 210 lbs and got all the way down to 140 lbs before getting pregnant with my daughter! Hoping I can provide insight as I regain motivation to get back to that 140 lbs!!
  • turnercherrie
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

I have 80lbs to loose, I have previous lost this weight using MFP, but for too many reasons to explain have gained it back.

Looking for meal ideas and accountability.

Will sent you a friend request and let's get this weight loss stated
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have 80 lbs to lose.... feel free to add me.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to friend request everyone here too - I lost 18lbs this past summer and early fall, then took a weight loss break. Now I'm back for 2.0 and ready to lose the next 30. For me, it's all about calories and I don't generally do much exercise. I'd like to change that at some point but I have a super demanding life situation, running a quickly growing business and chasing after a three year old boy and having a lot of major family illnesses to deal with at the moment (like so many of us, I know). Anyway, focusing on food is enough for me for now! I want to lose twenty five pounds by June 1st, and I'll have a normal BMI for the first time in seven years. Looking forward to supporting each other and watching everyone make amazing life changes!