Herbalife

Options
New to fitnessPal. Started on Herbalife the middle of December. So far, down 6 lbs. Feeling good but still a little hungry. I am sure it will take some getting use to. Have a very long way to go. I am going to try to stay motivated. Happy New Year to everyone!

Replies

• madziaczek
    Options
    Hi. I started 6 weeks ago. I also add herbalife to my morning smoothies. But it is only a small part of diet. I count more on weight watchers. Find it very easy and quick. And I don't feel hungry almost at all. Just wanted to say good luck :D
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Avoid Herbalife. Overpriced, poor nutrition, dangerous.
    Spend less to buy normal healthy food & eat reasonable portions.

What are you going to do when the money runs out for buying their shakes?
    Will you have learned to eat healthy foods in reasonable portions, or will you go back to your old unhealthy ways of eating, the ones which caused you to gain weight before?
    Why not just learn to eat healthy now, save the money & risk to your health?

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html

Especially read the warning letter from the FDA, which says in part:
    "We are concerned that Dr. Frankos' statement misleads viewers as to whether FDA has determined that Herbalife's dietary supplements are safe and effective. The agency has made no such determination."

Also read the 2 links under "journal articles" talking about people who had severe liver damage, and some died, from using Herbalife products.

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for Weight Watchers? Understand their limitations, and how they mislead people about calories & nutrition, so you won't be frustrated (and waste money there).

Page down to reason #4 here to read one woman's real-life experience with WW, and their "free" fruits & veggies, and how she lost weight once she stopped following their advice.
  • ktremb11
    Options
    /madziaczek. Thank you. I wish you luck on your weight loss, too. MKEgal I was on WW a while and did quite well. I am eating food. I am sticking to the correct amount of calories I should be eating a day and love using fitnesspal. I wish you luck with your weight loss, too.
  • trscruggs382
    trscruggs382 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used Herbalife for 2 years now & love it. I lost 60 lbs the first 8 months & have maintained that weight loss since then. I have learned to make healthier choices & continue having at least 1 Herbalife protein shake a day. If you are having a Herbalife shake once or twice a day, you are replacing a meal with it. If you have money for food, then you have money for Herbalife. It costs less to replace a meal with healthy Herbalife shake than a Big Mac & fries!!
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    why would you want to eat "Big Mac & fries" yuck I'm with MKEgal real food the whole way, I don't feel satisfied if I drink my meals, I need things to chew on.