I need motivation!

Options
Over the last week and a bit !'ve been doing really well! staying on track! However, today I'm just not feeling it. I feel like curling up and eating a huge bag of chips. I feel like "what's the point?". Today I need motivation, support, anything to keep my on track!

Replies

• adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is best to reconize what cause those cravings. I know for me there are days that I will stare at a candy bar all day long until I break and eat it and then it usually isnt that great and I hate that I ate it.

But there are days also that I just dont want to get out of the bed to work out and then once I force myself to do it I feel so much better! So the point to this is different for everyone. I know that I like the way I feel after I work out and I know that sometimes that feeling is enough to keep me going for the day.

So if you can do anything run in place, do some jumping jacks. Something to change what you are doing right now it might give you the boost you need to keep on going.

Also think about how far you have come. I have my days where I havent lost any weight in few weeks and am working my behind off. But I know that I feel better and I can do more and that keeps me going.

Sorry for the book :)
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Good that you are reaching out when you're having a tough day. Support helps. Sending friend request.
  • brandirosed
    brandirosed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I did get off my butt and do something so i feel better about that!
  • RachelEB64
    RachelEB64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Over the last week and a bit !'ve been doing really well! staying on track! However, today I'm just not feeling it. I feel like curling up and eating a huge bag of chips. I feel like "what's the point?". Today I need motivation, support, anything to keep my on track!

I've lost 84 lbs so far, I would also like to lend my support
  • brandirosed
    Options
    wow 84 pounds! that is great!
  • gemmadoel
    gemmadoel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's happened to me too! I went crazy the other day, I was fed up of being hungry so i went for KFC and that's usually when I give up, but the next day I carried on, sometimes its best to let yourself eat what you want, as long as you carry on and not give up :)
  • brandirosed
    Options
    yesterday i had a day like that, ate something that i shouldn't have then led to guilt and ate more that i shouldn't have, which is probably why I'm having such a hard time today.
  • znrsmom1521
    Options
    Every once in a while, it's ok to have a day like that. Think of it as rewarding yourself for a recent workout. Just don't let it become a regular thing! :) That's where the discipline comes in.
    I usually have one day a week where I allow myself to cheat and eat something yummy or have a DrPepper (my weakness). But even on that day, I'm still careful about portion control.
    Hang in there -- you're doing great!!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    1q5nqa.jpg

Just keep swimming