Under caloric goal but over fat/carbs ?!

Options
I'm trying to loose body fat and I'm eating avocados, cocnut butter (when cooking) and other HEALTHY fats. But my fat grams or my carb grams are usually over my goal and my calories under. Am I doing it wrong??? Plz help!

Replies

• Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Others will probably have better answers, but I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Some days you may be over or under in either fat, carbs or protein. As long as you're coming close to your macros and the net is that you're under calories, it should be OK. Some days you may eat more protein, some days more fat, etc. Just my observation.
  • sophiaes98
    Options
    I have the same problem, I think as long as the fats you're eating are healthy fats it should be okay. Avocados and coconut oil are both healthy, whereas if you were eating vegetable oil and french fries it would be a different story. Occasionally substitute a dinner you usually eat with a big salad with fruits and nuts in it with a basic low fat homemade dressing
  • klairy1989
    klairy1989 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank u Thorbjornn and sophiaes98!!

I will definitely try that.
  • chanchanbabyy
    chanchanbabyy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OYou might want to try switching up the type of foods your eating. Make sure your getting enough protein to maintain your muscle! There are foods that are high in protein and low in carbs and fat such as tuna ! And spinach has very little carbs as well. Just research to find the foods that will fit your macros.

PS. I just tried jack links turkey jerkey today ! Low in carbs and fat, and high in protein !!! Plus really good lol
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I would raise the amount of protein you are eating then your percentages will even out a little.
  • klairy1989
    klairy1989 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes I forgot to mention that my protein levels are... Low! I wil make an effort to eat more protein. May be even plain Greek yogurt ?!

You guys are awesome, thank u!!
  • MGDreamer7
    Options
    It also depends what type of food you are eating that is high in carbs.
    breads, pastas, grains,...reduce those.
    increase, VEGETABLES...better carbs and increase the protein.
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For me, I'm focusing on eating a lot of protein (65+) a day and I don't bat an eyelash at the fats (which most are healthy) I watch my sugars and I don't eat sweets or white starches. Your body needs a balance of fats, carbs and protein to help weight loss. Fats keep you feeling full longer. From all I've read and my personal experience, low fat diets are usually stocked with other stuff, sugars etc... I eat butter, whole milk etc.... good luck and eat more protein! Whole, simple foods are best. Eggs are great on protein. I eat two everyday. Salmon (in the starkist pkg), has 19 grams of protein! Peanut butter is great with protein.... whole milk...
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    Forgot to add that protein builds muscle, muscle burns fat. To burn more fat, focus on building more muscle: more protein and more strength training.