SUPER embarassing- moms who work out only pls :)

Options

Replies

• casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    If it is urine (I know you said you smelled it but if you are drinking tons of water a small leak of urine won't smell really) it's stress incontinence. I actually looked it up because I have the same issue when I work out. I usually have to pause my dvd at least twice to pee, and it's nothing but a tiny dribble becuase I always go right before I work out and I was confused why I couldn't hold this tiny dribble of pee in lol. Like everyone else said, keigels (probably spelled that wrong) will help eventually just have to do them frequently.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 8 and I still have a bit of this issue...so does every other mom in my Crossfit class...its interesting when we all have to do jump rope...lol
  • NanoReefDiver
    NanoReefDiver Posts: 153
    Options
    I don't even have children and I still wear panty liners; they are so thin and slim I hardly notice them. Nothing to be ashamed of!
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I have five children. I pee when I cough, laugh, sneeze, or exercise. :blushing: I had to start wearing a pantiliner ALL the time as a result, and I have to wear a heavier duty one when I exercise. I like the newer Always ones with the dri-lock and odor protect. They work well.

I have been doing kegels like crazy, but so far-nada.

Good luck!!

AMEN!!! except I like the Kotex ones better... I prefer the length of the pad over Always™.... Dr told me all the kegels in the world wont cure what my 5 pregnancies has done to my nether regions.... its pads forever or I could TRY surgery but that isnt guaranteed to fix anything
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Same here! Those exercises make a difference though. I jumped on a trampoline with my best friend's kids a few weeks ago and really did pee myself! It's just a fact of life that unfortunately hit me at 21!
  • jtndle
    jtndle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yup, pee! You are not alone ;)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    KEGALS!!!! Ben wa balls are AWESOME too!! You can actually get them at any sex store or magazine. They are balls that you use your muscles to hold in, which MAKES you do kegals. You can use them while you vaccum or anything! Also, I would get it check to see if it IS in fact urine. Could be sweat or vaginal discharge. Your GYN should be able to tell you how they can test it.

This! I have a vaginal discharge sometimes when I'm working out hard. There is nothing that can be done except wait for my husband's return in June lol I am also a heavy sweater in that area as well so make sure its not just that.
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It could also just be sweat, i know when i work out hard that i sweat all over and sometimes below. I have very good bladder control after having to children.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    ive been told by my doc its not pee its cooch juices (sorry if thats kinda blunt) and keigls will help but wont solve it. Its kinda just one of those things that happens when you have kids. You tatas dangle and you cooch leaks. Mine isn't that bad but id say if yours is that bad just wear a pad when you exercise. and keigles. Keigles have made mine less dramatic.

Oh my gosh I am crackin' up over here. LOL

I think most women have some "issue" with this....pee or "juice" or whatever. It happens to the best of us. :)

You wanna laugh?? Anyone get there work out on and then get extremely "gassy"? Yeah, embarrassing. LOL

omg I'm glad I'm not the only one LOL
  • Chasy21
    Chasy21 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hmmmmmmm, not sure
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    ive been told by my doc its not pee its cooch juices (sorry if thats kinda blunt) and keigls will help but wont solve it. Its kinda just one of those things that happens when you have kids. You tatas dangle and you cooch leaks. Mine isn't that bad but id say if yours is that bad just wear a pad when you exercise. and keigles. Keigles have made mine less dramatic.

That may be what yours is, but mine is most definitely urine....
    well if its a clearish thicker stuff thats not pee or thats some pretty funky pee

I am 35 years old; I know the difference between urine and vaginal discharge. I could reach into myself and touch my cervix and tell you about how many days I have until ovulation too... .I know my body. I pee when I sneeze, laugh, or exercise. I have clear watery discharge when it is not ovulation time. Egg white discharge during ovulation.

You'll get there one day.... it took me a while.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my issues with bladder control (4 kids) got a lot better when I switched from pads to a menstrual cup. I guess the constant pressure of having it in while I was menstruating kept me flexing those muscles. You could also get some Smartballs (made by Fun Factory and available at places like Babeland/Eden Fantasys and other adult online stores). They're these silicone balls that you can wear, during exercise even, that would remind you to flex those muscles. It creates some resistance.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

That may be what yours is, but mine is most definitely urine....
    well if its a clearish thicker stuff thats not pee or thats some pretty funky pee

I am 35 years old; I know the difference between urine and vaginal discharge. I could reach into myself and touch my cervix and tell you about how many days I have until ovulation too... .I know my body. I pee when I sneeze, laugh, or exercise. I have clear watery discharge when it is not ovulation time. Egg white discharge during ovulation.

You'll get there one day.... it took me a while.
    I was gonna say this too :) Mine is definitely not eggwhite discharge. I did notice though that it didn't happen the last time I had my period and was wearing a tampon. That's why I'm kind of confused if it's pee, a tampon shouldn't stop it. Or maybe I just wasn't working out as hard at that time. I have no clue! Gonna go stock up on pads since I work out every day.
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    . That's why I'm kind of confused if it's pee, a tampon shouldn't stop it. Or maybe I just wasn't working out as hard at that time. I have no clue! Gonna go stock up on pads since I work out every day.

Seriously, a tampon will stop you from peeing! Here...let me quote some info for you.....

Vaginal Devices. Devices that support the vaginal wall also help support the urethra that is located next to it:

Tampons. Mild stress incontinence in women, particularly when induced by exercise, may be managed by using a tampon. Specially designed tampons (e.g., Contrelle Continence Tampon) are available, but even simple menstrual tampons may be helpful. As tampons push on the vaginal wall, it compresses the urethra. The following are some considerations about using tampons: covering tampons with K-Y jelly helps prevent the cotton fibers from sticking. Tampons can only be worn for short periods. In one study, 86% of women with mild incontinence remained continent during exercise sessions when using tampons. Out of this group, however, only 29% with severe incontinence remained dry.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I had a bladder sling procedure done and haven't had the problem since. I did kegals like crazy, but they didn't help much. I would ask your primary physicians to recommend a urogynecologist for you to see.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If it is urine (I know you said you smelled it but if you are drinking tons of water a small leak of urine won't smell really) it's stress incontinence. I actually looked it up because I have the same issue when I work out. I usually have to pause my dvd at least twice to pee, and it's nothing but a tiny dribble becuase I always go right before I work out and I was confused why I couldn't hold this tiny dribble of pee in lol. Like everyone else said, keigels (probably spelled that wrong) will help eventually just have to do them frequently.

I could have written this myself.....exactly what I go through!
  • sutterbay
    sutterbay Posts: 5
    Options
    What's so wrong about this for me is I DON'T have kiddos and I have to deal with stress incontinence. Jumping moves are the worst! Ah well.....things could be worse (life is always in perspective since I'm a hospice nurse!).
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You tatas dangle and you cooch leaks.

bwa hahahahaha I'm sorry I just lost my train of thought after reading this! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't have that issue but have heard from those that did. Ditto what everyone above has said. Hang in there!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yep.... HUGE problem for me! My mom had bladder lifts done twice so I figure I'm headed down the same road. I haven't had surgery yet but desperately need it. I have to wear pads to Zumba and forget ever jumping on a trampoline.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    After one especially nerve racking run when I just KNEW everyone had noticed I wet myself. Of course the gym was packed so I couldn't leave the treadmill to run to the potty. And to make it worse I was on the men's side! I've been wearing pads ever since. I'm glad you posted something on it. I thought I was broken. lol