Fitbit charge HRM finally out in UK not sure if to buy??

Options

OMG I have been waiting since forever for the Fitbit chargeHR to come out my two main fitness activities are walking AND running its all I do, I know Fitbit is the best accurate pedometer so it's ideal for my walking and I know polar is most accruate HRM but I didn't want to after buy two devices so I'm over moon that Fitbit have combined the two!
I do love the fact that the Fitbit also syns in with MFP to give me accurate calorie burn as this is a big motivator for me and if I'm having a bad week reminds me not to be so hard on myself as i can go out earn more exercise caloires ...The thing is though it's £119! And up to now I have always used my TDEE method eating 1700 calories a day and losing at a stead rate so is it just a waste of money I can't decide .I have heard great reviews on the Fitbit and have been wanting a decent HRM for some time also so just wanting know what you guys think yay or Nay???

Replies

• NorthernCardinal
    NorthernCardinal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost my regular fitbit somewhere in my house, no idea where it is! I too am wondering if the one with the hrm is any good, I love the concept!
  • XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    XCHOCOLATECRAZYX Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too lol

Anyone ?????
  • UCCrista
    UCCrista Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I bought one, and decided to return it after 30 minutes. The HR portion was iffy at best. It looked cheap, and that's saying a lot since I had a Flex. It's like a poor impostor pretending to be Flex's rich cousin. I like Fitbit, but this was disappointing. I would rather by another Flex.

I use PEAR for HRM, and I like it. I was really looking forward to 2-in-1, but I can live without that cheap piece of plastic on my wrist. Plus, it started itching after about 5 minutes.
  • XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    XCHOCOLATECRAZYX Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    UCCrista wrote: »
    I bought one, and decided to return it after 30 minutes. The HR portion was iffy at best. It looked cheap, and that's saying a lot since I had a Flex. It's like a poor impostor pretending to be Flex's rich cousin. I like Fitbit, but this was disappointing. I would rather by another Flex.

I use PEAR for HRM, and I like it. I was really looking forward to 2-in-1, but I can live without that cheap piece of plastic on my wrist. Plus, it started itching after about 5 minutes.

Did the calorie burn seem accruate when doing cardio ?