My hunger alert system....funny, but true

Options
GoneGirl50
GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Like Homeland Security, I have different responses to my hunger. check these out for fun:
pqzlgsrpzlcr.jpg

Level 1: I'm content, no hunger.
Level 2: When I feel like eating, I stop and get in touch with what I'm feeling. It may help to drink some water, get quiet, and evaluate what you are really feeling. This is where water and a distraction may be enough.
Level 3: When level 2 didn't work, or I know it's really time to eat. Try eating 325 - 350 nutritious calories, then wait 30 minutes for the brain to recognize you are satisfied. Look at your macros to see where you may be low (protein, calcium, iron, etc.)
Level 4: I waited too long to eat, and feel hypoglycemic! I'm thinking about candy bars, and other poor food choices. Remind self that the hunger pangs will be satisfied with whatever choice I make, so choose wisely. I probably need protein, and maybe a quick blood sugar supply like an orange or an apple.
Level 5: I've fought the good fight, but I have to have something naughty. Just stay within my maintenance calorie limit and enjoy!

Hope this helps others.

Replies

• chelllez
    Options
    Haha. This is funny. I can definitely relate to it. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I live in level 5 cuz nothing is naughty lol
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That's interesting. Are you diabetic?

Because I, with potentially the biggest sweet tooth of anybody I know, never crave sweets or "naughty" stuff when I'm genuinely hungry. Those things are almost exclusively wants and typically have nothing to do with real, genuine hunger. Funny how different we all are.