New and looking for support

Options
:happy:

Hi

I've just joined this site tonight, i've set everything up and i'm all set for a new start tomorrow.

I've set myself a small target of losing 120lb LOL arghhh but fingers crossed i will finally do it, ideally i need to lose more then that, for very personal reasons.

Ive done all the big corperate diets before and just not managed to stick to it, this time is different i have a new outlook on it all, however i still really need support and hopefully to make new friends.......Hope to speak to you all soon.

Replies

• tammy8644
    tammy8644 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there

My name is Tammy i am looking to lose 67 lbs i was also looking for that extra help or buddy. I have been on all sorts of pill diets silm fast but they suck so i have been working with a wonderfull lady she has been helping me figure out why i go hard do well then i sabotage my self. I think i am getting there so if your interested let me know

tammy
  • deniseoahu
    deniseoahu Posts: 4
    Options
    Aloha all. I started using this program on my fitness pal a few times before, this time I'm going to stick with it. I just realized I could use my desktop computer to enter everything and it is easier than doing on my iphone. I'm not one to post things online very much but I have been learning some great stuff lately and want to share. Plus we can all use a buddy.

I am 46 years old and need to lose 25 pounds. I know some people say that isn't much but I am 5'1" and it may as well be 50 for me. I find that tracking what I eat helps me keep from munching. I am taking some time off to finish my novel so the kitchen is at my disposal 24/7 urrrr. munching munching I have lost 2 pounds in past 4 day so it is a big help. I actually have been coming in
    a little under my calorie count. I try to eat a healthy snack between meals so that I keep my metabolism running.

I watched Dr. Oz last week and learned a few things from a weight loss nutritionist that was on the show. It was about secret supplements that help with weight loss. I am going to go and get the stuff the nutritionist talked about this week.

* Konjack Root (aka Glucomannan) is a great fiber that helps with weight loss and make us feel full so we eat less
    * Raspberry Key tones help take fat out of system
    * L Carnitine 500 mg 2 times a day helps with energy
    *White Kidney Bean Extract before mean helps neutralize carbs. I found out that it is also called Phase 2 - It apparently keeps the carbs from converting to insulin which converts to fat. It is a starch blocker.

I'm going to pick some up and give it a whirl. Off course you should make sure to talk to physician if you are under any special medical care abut apparently they are all nutritional supplements.

Good luck - I will try to remember to check back.
  • melly1919
    melly1919 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Tammy,

That sounds great, well we will be new women at the end of it all wont we.

It is hard when your trying to do it all on your own, and once i tell my partner he seems to always wanna talk about what im eating and that stresses me out LOL.

Slim Fast tried that yuk yuk, lets hope this is a better one, always here when i need a chat
  • kemip
    kemip Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

i've also started using this tool on and off a while back but now its been 4 days and counting and am very serious this time. it's my birthday (34) at the end of June and i will be really annoyed with myself if i've not hit my target weight by then. i have nothing stopping me except my lack of will power! :0) - no small enemy that!

anyway - i would love to invite you all as my 'friends' on this tool so that we can keep motivated - so please accept the invitation if you would like to.

thanks

kemi