Stubborn bellyful

Options
I have been busting my butt trying to work off the weight I've put on my stomach and waistline, but nothing's happening. I read on WebMD that there is no sense in targeting an area; that it's best to do full- body workouts to lose bellyfat. I do 45-60 minutes of intense cardio workouts 5 times a week. I am becoming frustrated. Does anyone have suggestions for what I can do different?

Replies

• savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    30 day shred took a lot of inches off of my waistline (and I didn't even finish the 30 days). I was actually very impressed. It's about $9 if you catch it on sale...
  • becka9266
    becka9266 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing ab/butt work? I'm not sure if that's already in your routine. But maybe look online, personal trainer, something that could show you exactly what weight lifting exercises you need to do to get rid of the bellyness.
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    I feel where ur coming from....seems like the place where we want to lose it most is where its the hardest :(
    I used to be in a group some years back and Ive learned that the upper body is where we lose first most times the stomach always being the hardest.....dont give up, I think it will come of soon enuff :)
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    i feel your pain, happening to me too :(
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I read that you can't spot lose fat but I would try doing some toning excercises for your core and see if that helps.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Honestly, keep doing what you're doing. As long as you're eating right and exercising it will come off. Perhaps not as fast as you would like it to but I will go.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There is a fat burning supplement called CLA... it is a natural supplement, not a crazy diet pill. You can get it at any health food store. You need to take 3,000 mg a day for a month before it will do anything, it's slow moving, but it targets belly fat. I usually do not put any faith in pills but it is working for me. You still should keep up the cardio though and eating healthy. It's not a cure all pill, but it may be something to try.
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    the stomack area is usually all about diet. When I have a good week of eating my waistline is definately thinner and less bloated. Keep doing what your doing, if your diet and excercise plan is on track, no cheating, and still no weight loss, you may have a hormone imbalance, and you may want to check with your doctor anyway about what you can do differently, good luck =)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that the only way for a flat belly is through nutrition. Dr. Oz said not getting enough sleep is bad for your waistline.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    OMG u got to try the Jullian Michaels 6 week 6 pack workout!!!! Im doing it and u see Results fast. Try it
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels - Metabolism workout and the Troublezone workout! They are about 45-55 minutes long, but they give you a great workout. These dvds really worked for me, but it is still always a battle. Where you lose weight last, that is the first place it gains....darn!
    Also watch your sodium intake,.
    Keep up your good work!!!! Eat well, dirink water.
    take care!
  • tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    Is kinda crazy but my tummy is bigger on my right side then it is on the left. My guess I that I'm right handed causing one side to be smaller. But all I do is ab crunches and leg lifts and that has helped a lot with my extra gut!
  • Thickchick78
    Thickchick78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to continue working on this stomach of mine.