5k training

Options
my daughter and I have decided to finally get into shape and run some races this year. I have to say I'm loving the way it's making me feel. Along with this app and my Fitbit nothing is going to stop me

Replies

• creepyer
    creepyer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Running builds up way quicker than you'd think so stay with it no matter how terrible it is at first! fyi I wasn't able to run a quarter mile when i started and built up to five miles in a much shorter time frame than i ever would have imagined.
  • annapetisidoro
    annapetisidoro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wish I have a running partner to train with! Doing Whole30 now, and I'll add running in February! Wishing you the best!
  • sls170
    sls170 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to run but I'm a swimmer by trade haha. I would love to be friends with you guys because I'm using this app to drop 10 or 15 so I can be in top shape and it would be cool to have support from other athletes in training!
  • tannpeters08
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement ladies
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I discovered running this winter and it suits me well. I can swim too so I'm looking at triathalons.
  • heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started C25K a year ago and struggled with the 90 second runs. I now regularly run 3-4 miles and have just started the Bridge to 10K app. Trust the program, because it works!
  • jamieben1824
    jamieben1824 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Keep going!! I love running and have been for years. It is truly a great way to maintain or lose weight, its not for everyone; but if you love it you will alwasys do it! Congrats on your new endeavor! :)