Ketogenic diet

Options
any one want to do this with me?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You might search the groups and see if there is one that is about Keto (guaranteed there is). Restrictive diets such as Keto don't usually get a warm welcome on these boards so many of the people who do Keto stay away.
  • riggsbasham
    riggsbasham Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lol! Well today is day 3, blood sugar 83 fasting... Small amount of ketones in urine.... I tried vegan for a year, 6 months of only eating fruit and veggies, blood sugars was high, so I'm looking for a different approach , you want to get fit? Do what the fit people do! Lol
  • Kymsanity
    Kymsanity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Keto for now...though I will be switching to IIFYM in the not so distant future - but feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Hornsby
    Options
    I already got fit. No restrictive diets needed :) but thanks for playing.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Not necessary unless you have specific conditions that require ketosis. Largely a waste of time.
  • Hornsby
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lol! Well today is day 3, blood sugar 83 fasting... Small amount of ketones in urine.... I tried vegan for a year, 6 months of only eating fruit and veggies, blood sugars was high, so I'm looking for a different approach , you want to get fit? Do what the fit people do! Lol

I did get a chuckle out of the "do what the fit people do" comment though so thanks for that. I know 0 fit people that do keto unfortunately for your argument so your point would be moot. :)

• riggsbasham
    Options
    Lol! Body builders do keto?
  • riggsbasham
    Options
    Trying to drop fat.... But trying this diet, will keep everyone informed if it works, or not! Thanks for the response!
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Lol! Body builders do keto?

I'm sure there are a few that do, but not nearly as many that don't.

For the record, even people that do the keto diet know that it's all about calorie deficit to lose weight and drop fat. You can drop fat doing the diet you choose. You can also get fat doing any diet you choose.

• denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    actually a friend of mine that does competitive body building turned me on to Keto last year. Still have my slip up days, but for the most part, this truly is the only way I can lose weight.
  • robdeboer495
    Options
    Some pretty opinionated comments on the Keto conversation.