Any other bride-to-be's out there?

Options
I'm getting married in September 2015 and am looking to lose 14 pounds. Ideally, I'd like to shed most of that weight before March when I plan to start shopping for my wedding dress.

HW-162 (when I started using MFP two months ago)
CW-149 (I'm proud of the 13 pounds I have already shed!)
GW-135 (I might decide to go down to 130...I'm not sure yet)

I'm 5'6'' and a half.

Anybody else trying to get in shape for their wedding? Would love some buddies!

Replies

• Diaryofadillydallier
    Options
    I am! Getting married in Nov 2015 in Punta Cana
    HW 169 Jan 5th - decided to get back on MFP
    CW 166 slowly moving down :)
    GW 130.....at least 140 by June
    Motivation - wearing a bikini in front of all my friends and famliy for a week
    Height 5'-4"

Please Add me as a friend
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,947 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm also a similar height as you. 5' 5-3/4"! Getting married in July, myself :)
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's nearly 2 lbs/month, and you're going to see a slowdown as you approach your goal weight.

I would never say you can't do it, but that is a lofty goal! As a heads up - you may be looking at a lot of high intensity cardio, especially towards the end of your 8 months!

Best of luck!
  • trianglevision
    trianglevision Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same exact boat!
    5'6.5"
    Cw:149
    Gw: 135

I am getting married in July and would like to get down to my goal weight by May/June!

Ive been at it for a little over a week...started at 150 and have lost one pound so far...this takes foooorrrreeeevvveerrrr lol
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm getting married 5/30/15 and hoping to lose about 15-20 lbs by then! Would like most of that to come off in the next two months so that my dress fittings aren't all screwed up. :-) Good luck with your goals! We can do it! Here's to beautiful brides!
  • brencath
    Options
    Hi all

I'm hoping to get married in July 2015 (we're planning it at moment!) and really want to feel happy with myself.

Afraid to weigh myself but I think I'm CW 154lb. GW 133. I'm 5'8. Prob not realistic but.... I can dream!
  • VivCK
    VivCK Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm getting married in July 2015. Lost 25lbs and am happy with my CW 111lbs. Just need to find a way to keep it off.
  • 87bluu
    87bluu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to be a bridesmaid for my bff's wedding this September. Dress shopping at the end of February/ beginning of March and would like to lose 15 lbs.
    I'm a vegetarian trying to become vegan so if anyone has meal/recipes to share I would appreciate it!
    CW 165
    GW 150 (145 if I'm lucky)
  • jysherr6713
    Options
    I would love to. Me n my fiance haven't set a date just yet because I want be my ideal weight first but we are hoping for Nov 2015. I'm currently 171 lbs I just started today and my goal weight is 120-130. I'm 5'1" so I definitely don't want to look super huge on the big day. Lol. Anyone with motivation n weight loss tips please add me.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged, but we haven't set a date yet... It won't be for a while though.
    BUT, i do need to lose, at least, 100 pounds before I even go dress shopping.
    I'm 5'4", and started at 343... my UGW is around 175-210
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im getting married January 2016 in temecula, CA. Wanting to drop 15 pounds before dress shopping. 30 total.

Current Weight 161.2
    Goal Weight by 4/25 (appointment to try on dresses) 149 pounds
    Ultimate Goal: 135 pounds
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    wedding in May! feel free to add me =)
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married in july! CW 204, hoping i can get down to under 170 by then. already got my dress last summer but managed to put on a bit of weight, of course haha.
  • kaylabean92
    kaylabean92 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in October 2015!
    5'8"
    CW: 145 lbs
    GW by October: 130 lbs
    I know I can easily do this! (:

Going to honeymoon in Cancun. I wanna look and feel great in a bikini!