Balancing out calories over 2 days?

Options
Well, yesterday i have a hugely piggy day - eating over 1000 calories over my goal! however, it was a one off, and i enjoyed myself immensely - seeing my boyfriend for the first time in weeks i felt like i could let it go for one day. today ive exercised and eaten under my calorie goal, meaning i have about 600 calories left to consume - now in my mind if i stop eating for the ret of today then it would be like taking 600 calories off of yesterday's failure of a day and making it even out more. does this seem sensible? i dont want to kick myself into starvation mode though =/

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yes it makes sense and I do the same thing.
  • crazywheaten
    Options
    I am having to do the exact same thing today. NOTHING was stopping me from eating that bowl of ice cream! lol So today I'm eating less and not eating back exercise calories burned. Hey, it's worth it, especially if you enjoyed yourself!
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    One day won't put you in starvation mode. I did the same thing yesterday and will to some extent today to make up for a pizza buffet I went to.
  • Thickchick78
    Thickchick78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. Sometimes you have to treat yourself. I am a teacher and we had Teacher Appreciation Week, meaning the school fed us. The PTA brought in Chick. A. Fila and I was not going to eat my low calorie lunch while everyone else enjoyed their Teacher Appreciation Meal. IT was weird because I felt so guilty eating...so I shared some of it with my students to make myself feel better. However, don't worry about it. You probably have already burned it off.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Ive done this befor! it's fine! :)