? regarding daily calories budget

Options
Melissa72187
Melissa72187 Posts: 68 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I was looking into my goal settings and have noticed that mfp calculated my workouts to be about 600 calories burned a week but I do closer to 1000 with that being such a big difference how do I know mfp is giving me the right amount of daily calories?I have it set only to lose .5 per week which I know is 250 calories deficient so I assume I should be given a higher calorie budget?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Are you hungry all the time?

Are you losing weight the way you want to?
  • luckycatfitness
    luckycatfitness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    no calculator can accurately work this out and can only throw out a reasonable estimate as people are generally not the same genetically. you have to work this out for yourself over time, logging and weighing in identical conditions (i do it twice daily) - this will take a while, but once you have enough consistent data, you can start to adjust accordingly
  • Melissa72187
    Options
    Some days I have just a few calories left over at end of day and other days I have 300-400 calories left. Just doesn't seem that accurate if its basing it off a calculation that's 400 less a week. I do t25 5 days a week for 25 min and wear my hrm so I know I burn at least 200 calories per workout or more. I have my goal set for lightly active. I've been on plateau forever but recently have started working out again so hard to say.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    If you have been "on a plateau forever" you certainly do not want to eat more. See what happens over the next couple of weeks, and if you still aren't losing either eat less or exercise more.
  • Melissa72187
    Options
    Okay thanks for the feedback!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I was looking into my goal settings and have noticed that mfp calculated my workouts to be about 600 calories burned a week but I do closer to 1000 with that being such a big difference how do I know mfp is giving me the right amount of daily calories?I have it set only to lose .5 per week which I know is 250 calories deficient so I assume I should be given a higher calorie budget?

Do you mean the goals that you set when you told it you wanted to workout x times per week? MFP doesn't take your exercise goals into account when you set up your profile. Basically, it doesn't trust you to actually exercise until after you've logged it. So if you're talking about the section of your Goals page marked "Fitness Goals" then you don't need to worry about it. Those aren't affecting your calorie goal at all.
  • Melissa72187
    Options
    Yes that's exactly what I meant, that's the answer I was looking for! Thank you!