random high and low numbers on my chest strap polar!

Options
I was wondering if anyone else gets random high numbers while using there chest strap monitors. I have a few times noticed on mine where it says average and high, the high was like 215, 197, 220, I would think if my heart rate was that high I would feel it. Maybe loses contact with watch or skin? Also a few times it has shown my heart rate at like 44 when i was exercising but when right back to where it was within a second. I have had the monitor less than a year bit if happens to others I wont bother trying to send it to be checked. Its a Polar ft7. Thanks for any help I can get!

Replies

• ItsMe0909
    Options
    I haven gotten any weird high readings, I have a Wahoo & a Polar HRM. I occasionally get random lows (I use the Wahoo HRM most of the time.) I reposition it and those stop. Its about a month old, and it started taking a while for it to pair; so I changed the battery not knowing how long it was in the HRM before I received. Works much better now. Both Polar & Wahoo are dead on.
  • My1ittlefattie
    My1ittlefattie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try switching out the batteries. Sometimes the get all crazy when the juice is running low. ;-)
  • FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Make sure you run the rubber back of the strap under water, then towel dry, each time after use. Otherwise, I'd agree about checking or changing the battery.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Mine was getting crazy, and I thought it was just that I had an early beat or skipped a beat, but then the battery went. I had never replaced the strap battery, but have done the watch twice. Now all is normal.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    strap cleanliness or battery is most likely
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Take the batteries out and wear it until the belt completely discharges (a couple of minutes). Then try again. Also you can mount the battery the wrong way around to discharge it. Apparently this might help. Also cleaning and new battery.
    Stef.
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I ordered new batteries and work try the other suggestions!
  • aron115
    aron115 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually get unusual numbers if I leave my heart rate monitor in the car throughout the day prior to going to the gym when the temperature is below 15 degrees. I get weird numbers until it warms up during the workout.
  • Brittany91389
    Brittany91389 Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If the battery is running low or my strap is gross my heart rate will bounce all over the place. A trip through the washing machine or into the shower with me and a replacement battery usually does the trick.
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I tend to wear mine a lot during the day when I'm not exercising, weird I know! I have noticed the weird numbers sometime just went I'm sitting or bending over so maybe I am losing contact to the skin because usually goes to 00 a few times a day