Hot smoked salmon ideas

Options
kimw91
kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
So I bought some hot smoked salmon on a whim the other day, because I've been meaning to try it and it looked amazing. Obviously it is now still sitting in my fridge as I am not sure what to do with it apart from having it with a poached egg and avocado on toast as a healthy eggs royale or toss it in with a pasta salad.

I'd quite like to make a vegetable based salad with it to bring to work, but I'm not sure what to add or use as a dressing to make it interesting! Ideas, anyone? Non-salad ideas are welcome too! (I generally eat around 350-400kcals for lunch dinner, so I'm afraid a super creamy pasta dish or quiche is a bit out of my allowance league ;-) )

Replies

• Rlyn444
    Rlyn444 Posts: 27
    Options
    You can also put it obviously with any veggies, but with rice or quinoa. One thing I love to do is put it in a tortilla or corn tortilla as a street taco. That or make salmon burgers. With wheat buns
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I eat lox for breakfast most days, and hot smoked salmon could easily work here too. I would toast some yummy grainy or rye bread, and top with light cream cheese and salmon. I usually have some kind of pickled onion or caper on my lox but I think with hot smoked I would just have the salmon alone. It's a great high protein way to start the day!
  • badbradley
    badbradley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Make salmon dip:
    Mix 1/4 cup fat free cream cheese (softened) and 1/4 light sour cream with some of the salmon, a dash of mustard powder and a splash of worcestershire, ground black pepper and a little garlic powder. Eat with vegetables as dippers. If you prefer it warm, cooking spray your vessel before filling and put it in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or so until bubbly.

Smoked salmon and dill frittata (it's rich but tasty):
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/smoked-salmon-dill-frittata

Smoked Salmon Salad in Cucumber cups (sub cold smoked salmon for the hot smoked):
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/smoked-salmon-salad

• kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys! I'd never thought of using it as a taco and the frittata sounds really good :)