coconut oil question

Options
Hello, I love coconut oil and put it in my coffee every day. I know this has a lot of healthy fat and saturated fat but MFP always warns me about the fat every time i log it as if it is a bad thong, and I usually go over my fat for the day because of this. Woul you just ignore going over your fat due to it being healthy? or should I really cut back and listen to MFP?
Thank you

Replies

• Rlyn444
    Rlyn444 Posts: 27
    Options
    It depends because every person needs healthy fat in their diet like coconut oil. Most oils have a high fat content which means that they will have a higher context of calories. It's good to keep coconut oil in your diet but maybe cut it down some because to lose the weight you need to cut calories from the oil or have to cut it from somewhere else in your diet to keep under the level it tells you too
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    thank you for that. I guess that is also what confuses me because i have read many articles that coconut oil assists in weight loss??
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Hello, I love coconut oil and put it in my coffee every day. I know this has a lot of healthy fat and saturated fat but MFP always warns me about the fat every time i log it as if it is a bad thong, and I usually go over my fat for the day because of this. Woul you just ignore going over your fat due to it being healthy? or should I really cut back and listen to MFP?
    Thank you

I would ignore it, because coconut oil in coffee sounds awesome, and their fat macros are set very low to begin with. If you're hitting your calorie goal and still losing weight, I see no issue.

Also, there are no bad thongs out there. Don't let MFP tell you otherwise! (Sorry...I got a giggle out of that typo, haha.)
  • Rlyn444
    Rlyn444 Posts: 27
    Options
    thank you for that. I guess that is also what confuses me because i have read many articles that coconut oil assists in weight loss??

Yes articles say that because the fat in coconut oil does help your body metabolize and gives you energy
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Thank you

I would ignore it, because coconut oil in coffee sounds awesome, and their fat macros are set very low to begin with. If you're hitting your calorie goal and still losing weight, I see no issue.

Also, there are no bad thongs out there. Don't let MFP tell you otherwise! (Sorry...I got a giggle out of that typo, haha.)

Here we disagree. Both kinds of thongs (the butt ones and the feet ones) are BAD! As I have spoken, so it shall be >:)

Ok, seriously: OP, it's okay to go over fat (or carbs, or protein, or anything), as long as you're not over on calories, you're good to go! Oh, and I love coconut oil, but it does not assist in weight loss. There is no such magical food (oh, we all wish, but no :( ). If you like it, eat it, log it, and stay on goal!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Thank you

Here we disagree. Both kinds of thongs (the butt ones and the feet ones) are BAD! As I have spoken, so it shall be >:)

Ok, seriously: OP, it's okay to go over fat (or carbs, or protein, or anything), as long as you're not over on calories, you're good to go! Oh, and I love coconut oil, but it does not assist in weight loss. There is no such magical food (oh, we all wish, but no :( ). If you like it, eat it, log it, and stay on goal!

But those sandals are the best kind of sandals! And they make that awesome flopping sound!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Thank you

But those sandals are the best kind of sandals! And they make that awesome flopping sound!

SILENCE, woman! The thought of something wedged between my toes (and butt) is frightening and traumatic. Like nails on a chalkboard, or touching corduroy (*shudder*). Sensory overload! :'( LOL
  • taraskylit
    taraskylit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As long as your not going over your calories, I often go over my macros.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thank you

SILENCE, woman! The thought of something wedged between my toes (and butt) is frightening and traumatic. Like nails on a chalkboard, or touching corduroy (*shudder*). Sensory overload! :'( LOL

Ahhhh, it's past my bedtime!!! Now I've got the giggles...