From 430 lbs. to 235 lbs.~ Feeling like a new woman and a new person

Options
THenry8
THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
Sometimes, I feel like I cannot lose the weight. Since I have been obese throughout my entire life, I felt like I had no meaning! I felt worthless, I wasn't worth anyone's time, I was useless. Words like that would always hurt me for years.

My Highest weight was at a life-threatening 430 pounds and I had tons of health problems(Sleep Apnea, High-Blood Pressure, Pre-Diabetes, etc..) I decided then that I was gonna get Weight Loss Surgery. They recommended me to get the Gastric Sleeve, so I did just that. June 3, 2013 was my surgery date. I was Nervous, but I had to do it.

tzl0hj5mp4j6.jpg

One and a half years to now, I have lost a ton of weight since my surgery and I feel so wonderful that I was able to lose so much. To now, I have almost lost 200 pounds and now, I am weighing 235 pounds now!
ttwwtj7j96ud.jpg

Here's me at my current state right now:

ll5of0ekpwvk.jpg

Since 2013 after my surgery, I have felt so much better with my weight.I have only a few problems of low energy, but no major problems. I feel more confident within myself and I have more energy every time I do my exercises. I just love to exercise now as well. I love to go out to places and just have fun; even when I am at my front lawn.

I have been told by people that I can't do it, I will never be special, I won't be an inspiration to anyone, and the like for so many years. I am here to tell everyone that you can do it. You are all special and you have a reason to be someone. If I can lose the weight, you all can lose the weight as well. It has to take commitment, change, and love. I love being a huge wrestling fan and I love wrestling. Alberto El Patron Del Rio really changed my life; cause if I did not watch any of his matches until now and if I'd not met him, I would not become the person that I am today. I have become stronger, more wiser, and more confident within myself as a wrestling fan and as a musician as well. You can become stronger just like myself. Just believe you can do it and you will make a miracle as well.

5ut2pk8y5tqy.jpg

v2wg2c03qyht.jpg

Replies

• VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done! You look fabulous! Keep up the Great Work!
  • rduclos
    rduclos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done. Thank you for your courage to share your story.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You look great! (*) Congratulations!!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Good for you for not giving in to the feeling that you wouldn't ever lose the weight. You're doing a wonderful job.
  • nina07111
    nina07111 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Wonderful job. Keep up the great attitude.
  • fortworthsteeler
    Options
    WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AdieEve
    AdieEve Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Your words and story actually have me tearing up. You are such an inspiration, and even though I don't know you, I am soooo proud of you!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Great Loss! Keep up the good work and attitude!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You're amazing! Congrats to you! I envy your success!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Wow! Simply fantastic! You have done and are capable of so much!
  • yomikeya
    yomikeya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ballin'
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You just did what it takes and you keep doing what works for you. You ROCK!!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Thank you for putting the message out again that everyone is worth it. You certainly proved what can be done when you give yourself the chance that others want to deny you. Great job!
  • Terriselj
    Terriselj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing.
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • dcarter1020
    dcarter1020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great work.
  • quiltermn
    quiltermn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! Good for you & thanks for sharing your story.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Brava! Way to take control of your life. Keep at it and best wishes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!