Need healthy snack ideas!

Options
I'm tired of the normal healthy snacks, you know, Apple slices, carrot sticks, Celery sticks, protein bar etc. anyone have any tasty healthy alternatives?

Replies

• suzannescaltreto
    suzannescaltreto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get the back to nature trail mix blends and measure out 1/4 cup servings into baggies and then snack on that. It 140 cals per 1/4 cup. I also love bib lettuce with turkey- yogurt, cheese sticks, almonds - like 15, hard boiled egg... I have lots more I'm sure but I hope that helps :)
  • Llcarolan
    Llcarolan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kim1216
    Options
    I like the vita tops in deep chocolate. Its only 100cal and 9 gms of fiber. You can add fat free redi whip. It makes a low fat/cal dessert.
  • Rlyn444
    Rlyn444 Posts: 27
    Options
    Llcarolan wrote: »
    I'm tired of the normal healthy snacks, you know, Apple slices, carrot sticks, Celery sticks, protein bar etc. anyone have any tasty healthy alternatives?

Avocado with salsa
    Artichokes
    Hummus
    Sautéed pears
    Bbq apples and pineapple

If you find other ways to cook or prepare those foods makes a big difference in taste as well
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, raw broccoli & cauliflower, kale chips, bacon jerky; depends what you want in terms of macros and calories.
  • ShannaC22
    ShannaC22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very helpful! Also rice cakes with almond butter or peanut butter or hummus
  • Llcarolan
    Llcarolan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep the unique yummy ness coming!!! I'm just tired of the same old snacks...raw veggies, fruit, yogurt. Pretty much sick of that "ordinary, normal" stuff. Lol.
  • sskitka
    sskitka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    String cheese, Emeralds cocoa powder almonds 100 Cal packs, 1 cup high fiber cereal- semisweet chocolate melted and mix cereal in it home made trail mix. Pecan halves with a small apple. Fiber one chocolate oat bar. Yummy yum yum. LOL (*)
  • NutritionNut
    NutritionNut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is a play on strawberry shortcake....graham cracker with whipped cream cheese topped with sliced strawberries! Maybe even whole wheat crackers and low fat cheese slices, low fat cottage cheese with berries, homemade kale chips or fruit/nut mixes. I've even sliced up a banana, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon. Helps with the sweet cravings!