doing cross fit .tracking food but not losing weight

Options
Help I am tracking all I eat .I am doing cross fit not tracking that .I am stuck on 264 and can't get beyond that any advise

Replies

• agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are still losing fat but gaining muscle? Doesn't cross fit involve lots of lifting and/or strength training?
  • selenamercer
    Options
    Hi Eddie
    Make sure that you are eating carbs, protein and fat with each meal and have five meals a day. Have a look at your portions that you are eating. Use my fitness pal as a guideline but not as complete picture. Increase your exercise by time or distance or intensity every two weeks so the body learns to adapt to change. Keep that water up too. hope this helps
  • Eddie718
    Eddie718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes it does consist of alotta strength training and I do feel certain parts getting firmer. I measured my body fat and it was very high and I have been watching what I eat and little carbs but sufficient to keep my numbers were they should be .but weight loss is at a stand still

• Eddie718
    Options
    Thank you for your responses I will keep at it and see what happens in the next few weeks
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary for the last 2 weeks. I think that if you aren't losing weight you are probably eating at maintenance levels. Your food logging could probably do with some tightening up and that might help. Try weighing everything you eat except liquids. You might be suprised at the difference in calories. It also looks like on a few days you are doing quite a bit of guesstimating or not logging all that you eat. I find it hard to estimate calories and rarely get it right, especially for things like donuts and muffins and other processed stuff that doesn't come in a packet with a food nutrition label so I tend to avoid eating that kind of stuff.

Here is a short video about weighing vs using cups and teaspoons,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Good Luck with it whatever you decide to try, it can be very frustrating when you feel like you are doing the right thing and not losing weight.

PS Have you tried measuring yourself with a tape? You might be getting smaller even though the weight isn't moving?
  • Eddie718
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary for the last 2 weeks. I think that if you aren't losing weight you are probably eating at maintenance levels. Your food logging could probably do with some tightening up and that might help. Try weighing everything you eat except liquids. You might be suprised at the difference in calories. It also looks like on a few days you are doing quite a bit of guesstimating or not logging all that you eat. I find it hard to estimate calories and rarely get it right, especially for things like donuts and muffins and other processed stuff that doesn't come in a packet with a food nutrition label so I tend to avoid eating that kind of stuff.

Good Luck with it whatever you decide to try, it can be very frustrating when you feel like you are doing the right thing and not losing weight.

PS Have you tried measuring yourself with a tape? You might be getting smaller even though the weight isn't moving?

• Eddie718
    Options
    Will try the tape to see what happens because I definitely feel a lot more toned up since I started working out thank you for the response
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Eddie718 wrote: »
    Will try the tape to see what happens because I definitely feel a lot more toned up since I started working out thank you for the response

If you are doing crossfit regularly, it may be that you are losing weight and putting on muscle. Eventually, as you build muscle, you will burn up more calories to fuel the added muscle. Then you will see weight come off.
    I would agree with charlieandcarol. You may be underguestimating. The calories you are consuming and investing in a food scallops will help to better log your food to better understand where you could cut back.
    Best of luck and keep.us posted on when you break through your plateau.
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Food scale not food scallop.
  • SharonDecker
    Options
    I started doing Crossfit 5 months ago. I gained weight as well, then there were weeks that I stayed the same weight. It was discouraging because I am all about the numbers on the scale. I didn't realize that while I was losing fat I was also gaining muscle. I started to notice the change in inches. 5 months later I'm down 35lbs and I've lost a total of 26 inches ( 8 in my waist alone). With Crossfit the best advice I can give is to not go by the numbers on the scale. Gauge your progress by how you look and feel.